Thread: Christian NDEs and OBEs

Caelrie Guest

Christian NDEs and OBEs

Robert, in your opinion, what's behind cases like this one? It's so completely different than my experience that I don't know what to make of it.

http://www.spiritlessons.com/Documents/ ... _Kelly.htm

Why would someone be told by "Jesus" during an NDE or OBE anything like "If Roe v Wade isn't overturned, the United States will suffer a major terrorist attack"?

That seems so incredibly weird and unlikely to me, yet there are numerous people who've apparently had experiences like this. What are your thoughts on it?

Re: Christian NDEs and OBEs

G'day,

The belief systems of persons have a massive affect on what can be experienced, during NDE or any type of OBE.

The link you give shows a very christian flavor to these. But take these same people and place them in Jewish, Islamic, or Buddhist cultures, and you would find the flavor and settings and characters perceived would radically change.

The msgs received during such experiences are also flavored by religious and political beliefs. If such persons want to help and have terrorism on their minds, they will receive msgs concerning politics and terrorism, including warnings.

The persons giving the advice in these experiences, whether JC or any other deity or saint, are in my opinion 'belief system window dressing'...characters created by the perceiver's belief system.

The afterlife, NDE and OBE are hugely variable, with the biggest variable being the beliefs of the perceiver.

Robert