I did it!!!

Okay, it was a partial projection-but it was DEFINITELY a successful projection! I can't wait 'til tonight so I can attempt it again!

Here's the scenario:

I have had a couple of spontaneous projections, but they were many years ago. Recently, I've renewed my interest, so I began reading every book I could get my hands on that addressed the topic. I came across AD, and found it to ring true to me in a way other books did not. So, following a combination of techniques and advice from AD and other sources, I began attempting controlled APs. I've become fairly proficient at getting to the "tingly" stage, but was unable to go beyond that. I've been having crazier dreams than usual lately, as well. I thought, all things considered, that I was progressing nicely.

Then life got in the way. My work has become extremely stressful lately (it's expected at this time of year) and my husband has become very ill and requires major surgery in a couple of weeks. Between those 2 stressors, I haven't been keeping up with my relaxation techniques and AP attempts. I figured I would get back into it when things calm down in a couple of months.

So, you can imagine my surprise when I projected last night! I'd gone to bed a bit early, and hubby stayed up in the living room watching TV. I was very tired. Since it was early-ish and I was alone, I decided to take a few minutes and at least go through the relaxation techniques, in the hopes of inducing a good night of rest. After a while, I shifted onto my left side and drifted off to sleep.

Suddenly I was awake---and I mean HYPER alert! I felt a gentle but urgent tingly/pulling sensation all over my body, but primarily in my torso/solar plexus area. I forced myself to contain my excitement, not wanting to disrupt what was happening. Then I realized I was moving my arms quite vigorously and was momentarily angry with myself---surely this would disrupt the projection! But then....I realized my arms hadn't moved. But I could FEEL them moving, most distinctly. That's when I realized that I was projecting! I couldn't seem to get all the way "out," but I'm ok with that for now...this is genuine progress! Even though I couldn't complete the projection, I experimented with waving my astral arms about, and feeling both the movement and the stillness of my physical arms, still on the bed. I now have a much better understanding of the mind split effect...what a weird feeling.

There was nothing unpleasant. I had no buzzing, heard no voices and had no unpleasant sensations whatsoever. Can't wait for tonight...maybe I'll make it all the way out this time!!! Very, very cool.