Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Life Plan

rapidlearner Guest

Life Plan

Hi, long time no post

Do you believe that we choose our direction in life or that it has already been mapped out for us?

I'm struggliing to conclude on what I believe with regards to this as I believe that most of our actions are determined from external influences but I would like to feel that Im in control of my decisions.

I guess I'm talking about free will and whether it truly exists.

Psychotronic Guest

Re: Life Plan

I can see my lifeplan in constantly improving common comscious and subconscious work. It is the most useful activity.

Caelrie Guest

You chose the "plan" for this life. You mapped it out with a little guidance from your guides. And finally, you choose whether to follow it or not. It's all you.

I think everything happens for a reason. IDK y but i feel like i got into this AP stuff for a ceartin reason. I think its the way it all came about, and how i learned about it.

But would agree with Caelerie on this. Because if life is all mapped out, technically you couldnt commit suicide, or get into a major car accident or purpose. Just my thoughts.

JS
    new...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caelrie
    You chose the "plan" for this life. You mapped it out with a little guidance from your guides. And finally, you choose whether to follow it or not. It's all you.
    I'm with Caelrie on this one. What appears predetermined by external influences are predetermined by the greater 'you', even if the temporal 'you' isn't 'getting' it. I think part of our job here is to figure out what the greater 'you' is all about. Yet, the temporal 'you' can decide to do something else, and that's why the world is in the shape it is. Oops, time to change my bracelet.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I'm with CF and Caelrie, mostly.

As of now I believe this depends largely on the consciousness and awareness level of the individual. If someone lives unconsciously then I see no reason why that would suddenly change upon death, and thus the incarnative process is pretty much a matter of being shuffled through an automatic system, where the life they get is based on what their soul is reflecting at that time. But there's no real conscious input in it, and how it actually plays out is largely a matter of luck.

Once the individual begins the process of awakening, they begin to exercise more conscious choice in the matter, not from being "allowed" by some external authority but rather mostly by learning that they can. This is where pre-life planning and guides and etc. come in. As for actually living one's life, again, I believe what goes on and how is a matter of awareness. In physical existence you've also got the complications of incarnative amnesia, and possible interference, deliberate or not, by negs and the choices of other people. So, the task is to 1. figure out that there IS some sort of purpose or reason for your being here, 2. figure out what that purpose is and 3. start moving towards it.

The next factor to consider is that although plans may be made "on the other side," once one incarnates, to a large extent all bets are off. We create a lot "on the fly" and may go off the predefined track, either due to not knowing there was a track, or by being aware and consciously choosing a different direction. And, I don't believe there's necessarily anything wrong with that; after all, it IS our life, not someone else's to decide whether we lived it the "right" way or not. In that sense there is no right or wrong; only experience.

Anyway keep in mind that I've been wrestling with this question a lot lately in light of recent experiences, I've got a lot more questions than answers and a whole lot of stuff is in the "pending" file, so anything I say on the subject should be regarded as such.

Too bad that the "you" that chose such things no longer wants them. The "me" from even just a year ago was a total j@ck@$$.

Caelrie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Too bad that the "you" that chose such things no longer wants them. The "me" from even just a year ago was a total j@ck@$$.
    You have no idea how well I feel you on that. We can't know how much our lives will change us when we make the plans. If we knew, we wouldn't need them in the first place.

Caelrie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    I'm with CF and Caelrie, mostly.

As of now I believe this depends largely on the consciousness and awareness level of the individual. If someone lives unconsciously then I see no reason why that would suddenly change upon death, and thus the incarnative process is pretty much a matter of being shuffled through an automatic system, where the life they get is based on what their soul is reflecting at that time. But there's no real conscious input in it, and how it actually plays out is largely a matter of luck.

Once the individual begins the process of awakening, they begin to exercise more conscious choice in the matter, not from being "allowed" by some external authority but rather mostly by learning that they can. This is where pre-life planning and guides and etc. come in. As for actually living one's life, again, I believe what goes on and how is a matter of awareness. In physical existence you've also got the complications of incarnative amnesia, and possible interference, deliberate or not, by negs and the choices of other people. So, the task is to 1. figure out that there IS some sort of purpose or reason for your being here, 2. figure out what that purpose is and 3. start moving towards it.

The next factor to consider is that although plans may be made "on the other side," once one incarnates, to a large extent all bets are off. We create a lot "on the fly" and may go off the predefined track, either due to not knowing there was a track, or by being aware and consciously choosing a different direction. And, I don't believe there's necessarily anything wrong with that; after all, it IS our life, not someone else's to decide whether we lived it the "right" way or not. In that sense there is no right or wrong; only experience.

Anyway keep in mind that I've been wrestling with this question a lot lately in light of recent experiences, I've got a lot more questions than answers and a whole lot of stuff is in the "pending" file, so anything I say on the subject should be regarded as such.
    I'm with you on all that. It's a gradient process based on awareness and level of addiction. In the beginning of our incarnations we perceived our lives as being planned out for us and frog-marched along those plans and will be judged by an authoritative deity right or wrong. In the middle we perceived having a little input in the plans and the idea that it may all go terribly wrong and will be judged progress or backsliding by our guides. In the end we finally realize we were in the driver's seat all along, we have no obligation to stick to our plans and there's no judge in the end but ourselves.

rapidlearner Guest

Interesting responses

How do you know if you are using free will in any aspect of your life as opposed to what has already been pre-determined?

When you say 'guides' help you to map out your life... Does this include morally bad things such as peadophillia, rape or murder? Do you think people choose to do such things or do you believe that it can be mapped out for them and they do it due to external influences e.g. They are born into a family where they are abused as a child and then they grow to become an abuser?

The thing that doesn't make me believe in free will is that in every cross section of a population of society there will always be percentages that are doctors, builders, teachers, cleaners, entrepreneurs, criminals etc... and then these people fall under personality categories such as confident, shy, adventurous, boring, nice people*, horrible people* etc... You will always find similar people, no matter if they're from your home town or somewhere on the other side of the planet. Admitedly, everyone is different but I would say that is due to individual, external influences and the surroundings upon which they were brought up which contributes to their personality. I think it is impossible for any two lives to be replicated but the expericences can be similar which forms similar personalities. And it is your personality that forms your decision making process and not free will.

The thing that makes me believe in free will is that, if I wanted to, I could quit my job tomorrow, get the first flight to Tailand and soak up the sun for the rest of my life but maybe I would just be doing that to prove that free will exists and therefore, it wouldn't really be freewill.

*I make no claim to know what the definition of nice or horrible is

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast