The morning after I read rain IF's tutorial, I had a lucid dream. I think I was a little irritated and blurred the line between forcefully commanding the higher self and yelling at it, lol. In a past astral experience, I made a command to be taken to someone and was immediately whooshed up through the ceiling, as if carried by a big hand. I also instantly got stuck in the ceiling. THREE times. Dang imagined limitations. But I know from that experience that commands done right will get an instant response.

So I was commanding more lucidity and only getting slight changes... the lucidity would increase but then my vision would blur. So I would command for better visibility and lose some lucidity. So I was demanding again for more lucidity, more forcefully than was perhaps necessary.

This didn't pan out well... the dream took an anxious turn and suddenly I had my dad barreling his way into the room I was in, while I was trying to push him out. (Classic anxiety dream 'cept usually I'm in the bathroom and someone is barging in, depriving me of privacy) Lucidity was overtaken by emotion. The anxiety / chaos element in the dream built til I was forced to abort it before I got too upset, waking up and ending the dream prematurely.

Remember to use commands clearly, and deliberately, but calmly. I think the dream environment is just too sensitive to change and flooding it with negative emotions isn't a good idea, lol.

My most successful lucid dreams have unfolded beautifully when I have approached them with a sense of objective wonder, reveling in every detail. This only causes a LD to unfold in even greater beauty and detail.