Quote Originally Posted by TalkingHead
Meditating oftenly does not help me to concentrate better on things I have to do, maybe because it relaxes me as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for becoming more disciplined; a very general question I guess.
First, I'm not sure meditation is actually any good for helping you to 'do things' - to me, meditating for a purpose, particularly one based in the purely physical, seems a contradiction in terms. Meditation, done right, is not a means but an end.

There are benefits within life to be had from the practice of meditation, but making those results the object of the practice would seem to defeat the reason for doing it. Like fighting for peace, or screwing for virginity, the object seems incompatible with the method.

However, Alpha level rhythms in the brain are a proven way for bringing focus & helping self-discipline. It may be time to investigate the holosync technologies. There's an added benefit - aside from the intellectual boost from Alpha, theta & delta can be used for meditation, & given the right software, you can introduce 'spikes' up to beta to ensure the relaxation doesn't go too far.