Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Posession/Schizophrenia

Blog Entries

Re: Posession/Schizophrenia

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    To my knowledge even Christian mystics breath to life, as according to my limited religious knowledge, God breathed life into Adam.
    That which is usually translated as "Holy Spirit" is, in Greek, "sacred breath". The Holy Spirit, which is believed to be "indwelling" (living in us) is very much associated with the "Breath of God".

The "breath of God" appears in the Old Testament, as well, particularly in the creation story (the Breath of God stirred on the surface of the waters... one of my favourite poetic images).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Astral Exorcist Guest

I'm guessing the breath of life is prana breathing.

dslandolfe Guest

Blog Entries

dslandolfe,

again your words remind me of something:

In Taoist meditation there are the stories you tell yourself. You might have thousands of inner stories inside that arise inside yourself. These stories shape how you see life, but in meditation you should never become engrossed in the story nor pick up an agenda mindlessly. Realise what is behind the story, and follow that. The energy leads back to the reason and dissolves it.

The story was not self, and dissolves away together with the energetic imbalance that made you have the story. The story tells the world how it should be, or how you see it, but dissolving the blockage inside your mind makes the energy to flow again and change together with what really is, instead of telling yourself a story and resisting change.

If not, the story accumulates energy. The blockage grows. The more you obsess about the story, the more story starts to shape your life and generate suffering, as the world is as it is and does not conform to stories. Every time you resist the world as is, do not accept it *before* you try to change it to the better, the story accumulates more resistance and power in your ego. This is the way the main stories in our life "float to the top" and become dominating personality traits, IMO.

I can barely imagine how that would work if the process of evaluating a story and verifying its (in)validity would be out of control. Then stories completely take on a life of their own, I'd assume.

Be well,
    Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by dslandolfe
    but there is a book called
    The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle that I'm not kidding might actually be able to provide you a cure to your illness and has caused dramatic healings ranging from healing of mental illness, to serious physical illnesses, to spiritual transformations to a suprising number of ppl. The book had that effect on me and is used even by many Catholics and other Christians, even by some nuns and priests as a booster to their own Christian practices of prayer, Christian meditation, and so on and would do a ton of good for you to read and put into practice right away. He includes in his book a practice of watching your thoughts that watching the "pain body" (which he has identified as what Christian's call Satan in his talks) which if practiced daily will quickly begin to release you from aspects of Schizophrenia, this being because in schizophrenia the pain body and "the thinker" have taken over your life. In any case if you can manage get a copy of that book, it's highly recommended by
    many psychiatrists and will likely help you profoundly.
    I didn't like the book, but then i probably hold a grudge on the way it was sent to me. But i thought i'd humble these people by trying to read it. The book repulsed me He's a flake Probably had more of a "depersonalization episode" and calls it "enlightenment" and wrote a book with a lot of the same flare as the others in this industry.

I think people can do a lot better if they educate themselves instead of admireing someone that bummed off of society and then exploits it

Dan

dslandolfe Guest

Blog Entries

dslandolfe,

I wish you would appreciate the art of making paragraphs more.

Eckhart Tolle - don't know. He does not say anything wrong. He is "correct" (JMO), but it feels forceful and harsh and not very helpful. But since it helped so many people it seems, I would say enough need "the message" this way it seems. I found it - coming from him - ... strange?

I have no problem with the content of the message, but maybe his "you just do it" approach in my personal experience does not work for everyone.

Oliver

star Guest

Its a good trick though-If I told you to go into your crown chakra and enter through the gates, pass into the center of the chakra and find something specific within your higher self through this connection you'd be like; "What?!" But if I then stopped your line of thinking and went: "JUST DO IT!" kinda shocks some people into getting it or flipping that switch.

Thanks dslandolfe for this wealth of information I've been doing a lot of pawing around getting info on ET wondering why this guy bothers me His book was shoved on me by a couple of people
    I don't know if most EK followers are all this pushy.
    Quote Originally Posted by dslandolfe
    Actually he was a reasearch scholor at Cambridge studying for his PHD and a was the valedictorian of his class there
    This probably explains why he's marketed as well as he is (I figured he's well educated) he knows what works. But your right he has a right to make a buck. And Oprah backing (being the richest woman in the world she knows how to make a few too!) him. I seen him exploit Oprahs
    backing to the max

Me and my wife went to are local new age shop the other day owned by an old couple. (the woman also doe's reiki at the shop) The woman is pretty big and doesn't seem to get around very well (whether its illness, age or weight?) and the husband hobles around and lacking energy. I ask my wife that seems odd they doing this healing and all sorts and look at them. My wife kind of chuckles and said a qoute i think out of one of Silver ravenwolfs books is how do you expect to teach / heal someone if you don't show some kind of example Be it looking healthy / appearance / actions

See the whole money thing seems like it conflicts with the enlightenment
    This is actually something like the standard occurance when an Indian saint becomes liberated. They spent a certain amount of time in quiet appreciation for the powerfully sacred state they've newly entered into. This also serves as a period of adjustment because some of them have trouble going about they normal activities of life just after such an occurance because they've become so deeply immersed in the formless light of the void. There is such deep peace, joy, and stillness suddenly available to them that they would probably want to take a little time off and enjoy it for a while before returning to the world
    Us former drug addicts experinced this

dslandolfe Guest

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast