Thread: CD 2

Waking11 Guest

CD 2

Hi,

I've recently started doing the exercises on the MAP Companion CD. I'm on about my 4th day of listening to CD 2, Relaxation. By the time I get done with the energy ball technique through the lower body, I have a strange, uncomfortable body sensation. It's been enough to force me to stop. It's hard to describe, I feel like my entire body "aches," as if I were coming down with the flu or something (I'm perfectly healthy).

I have had similar sensations in the past when I practiced QI Gong for a time. However, it was never as intense a it is now.

Is this body sensation normal? Is this something I have to work through? I go into each practice session with full intentions of powering through, but I get to a point, where its just too much to not concentrate on.

Thanks for your help.

Blog Entries

Re: CD 2

One of the things about NEW is that the sensations are usually stronger than most other types of energy work. (Yes, I know it's an individual thing, so people please don't pm telling me it's not so for them ) If the energy sensations are so strong they are uncomfortable I'd say take a break from doing them and start at another time. However, I know this may not be what you want to hear, since you have the CD and want to use it to follow the program as it's designed.
    I would recommend a few things: If the sensation is one of pain, then definitely see a doctor to see if there are any underlying physical causes like autoimmune desease, arthritis or something else (stranger things have happened). If what you are experiencing are twitchiness-type things, then the culprit may be the combination of the binaural beats with the energy work- too much for a very sensitive person. If this is the case, I'd recommend that you do the energy work separately from listening to the CDs (yes I know it's hard, but you can try it that way) and see if the sensations diminish or are not so disturbing.
    Achiness sort of sounds to me that it could be energy drainage problems (your energy body is out of shape)- but not pain though. So, if it seems to be exhaustion, take a few days off, get a lot of sleep and try it without the binaural beats.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Waking11 Guest

Yeah, its more like achiness than outright pain. I haven't been thinking its physical, not that it couldn't be. Is there any way to assist "energy draining" or anthing of that sort?
    How is NEW more intense than other systems?

I know from Qi Gong that I used to get random energy bursts at times when I wasn't doing the practice. I know as a general rule I'm extremely sensitive to energy. I expected to feel some side effects from NEW, but it just seemed rather intense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waking11
    Yeah, its more like achiness than outright pain. I haven't been thinking its physical, not that it couldn't be. Is there any way to assist "energy draining" or anthing of that sort?.
    Just taking a break from it for a few days, getting lots of sleep and good nutrition. Imagine you just started a new workout and all your muscles hurt. You want to back off a little but not give up completely. Or, imagine you have been sleeping for 8 hours every night, and now are sleeping 6 instead. Your energy is getting used to things being different, and the awareness-expanding action of the binaural beats are something you need to adapt to. No biggie, it happens (in different ways) to all of us. What happened to me for example, is that I was mentally tired from all the awareness- it's like 'being awake' all night- for days at a time.
    Like anything else, it's a matter of getting used to it, and then you find that the exhaustion goes away and you have more capacity for awareness and expansion.
    How is NEW more intense than other systems?
    Because it focuses your awareness on tactile sensations, and tactile sensations are more thought-responsive than visualization. Which means instant feedback, instead of 'hoping it worked'. So if, like in your case, you happen to be sensitive that way, it's even more noticeable-hence more intense.
    I know from Qi Gong that I used to get random energy bursts at times when I wasn't doing the practice. I know as a general rule I'm extremely sensitive to energy. I expected to feel some side effects from NEW, but it just seemed rather intense
    Exactly. Plus if you were doing QiGong you were already developing nicely, probably. Now you really feel how far you've gotten.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.