Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why isn't astral projection widely known?

RyanParis Guest

Why isn't astral projection widely known?

I know for a fact astral projection is real. I have done exactly the same things (by accident) as Robert Bruce described in Astral Dynamics.

But why don't more people know about it?

I mention astral travel to people, and they draw a blank stare.

Why?

Blog Entries

Re: Why isn't astral projection widely known?

It's been known since ancient times, although under different names. The ancient Egyptians, for example, were well aware of it and apparently their mystics practiced it. It's also mentioned in the Bible (Paul wrote about a vision in which he didn't know if he was in his body or out of it!), and in mystical writings of pretty much every culture and tradition.

Most of them don't call it "astral travel" as that's a fairly newly coined phrase (20th century, I believe).

Why don't more people know about? Well, frankly, most people don't know much about ANYthing spiritual or mystical, so why should this be an exception?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

kiwibonga Guest

I still haven't met a single person who has never heard of OBEs... Everyone I talked to about it knew at least of NDEs, and most of them had a story to share about some ouija board urban legend, or "my uncle did this," "my grandmother did that," etc... Everyone has at least seen a documentary on ghosts or psychics...

It's true that most people just have a general idea... They haven't gone in depth like we have... But I'm surprised that you think it's not "mainstream"...

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Heh, I remember first learning of AP in a private Baptist elementary school of all places. It was in a kid's book; a girl's Native American uncle was able to AP (and manifest himself visibly), visited her and whatnot. I don't remember the title or any details now, and at the time I remember wondering whether this was just a plot device, or something that could actually be done. And I'm pretty sure that planted the seed to get me looking into these things years later.

I'd guess it's one of those things where people who are ready to find out about it, do so one way or another... and those who aren't inclined to it may or may not.

star Guest

Materlistic world. People like things to fit in little boxes and want to enjoy life in the ignorance that is bliss. I no longer have that option. No regressing from this point sadly.

Berserk Guest

A few years ago, I met a woman who travelled astrally every day while sitting in her easy chair. This discipline was deemed too bizarre by her husband and he divorced her. I took her out for dinner and pumped her for information on her astral discoveries from the lower planes on out. Her reports were particularly interesting to me because she had never heard of Robert Monroe or other OBE adepts. So her descriptions were valuable as independent confirmation of certain oft repeated encounters, both positive and negative.

My experience is that OBEs are known, but not commonly researched. Most people I encounter seem to imagine that OBEs are the passion of New Age kookery. As a result, I need to probe patiently to extract their own paranormal experiences from them. NDEs have better press, but even they are often viewed with great suspicion and skepticism. I long for the day when such research can gain mainstream respectability. More creative use of scientific methods with double blind testing would help. I voraciously read all the available OBE research from Duke, Stanford, and other centers of parapsychology, but so far am disappointed with the modest replicable results.

Don

The people i tlkd to thought i was crazy. But i thnk that if it did get out and scientists found a way to produce the state so easily that everyone could, i think it would ruin the astral planes.

Im not sure of this, but what do you people think?

JS
    new...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoSac
    But i thnk that if it did get out
    Get out of where?
    and scientists found a way to produce the state so easily that everyone could, i think it would ruin the astral planes.
    That would be true if the Astral planes were places like a park or a mall, but the APlanes are levels of perception in which you manifest your consciousness. Everyone projects to their own ability (that is another theme, though) and everyone does it unconsciously already. So the difference is that many people would be out trying to have sex instead of getting unconscious lessons, and a lot of people would be relearning stuff they already knew. But chances are not many of them would be aware of each other, due to the differing 'vibrational frequencies' or 'psychological preparedness' amongst projectors, that would limit their perceptions and ability to interact.

JS
    Well, you asked!
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Alaskans Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JoSac
    The people i tlkd to thought i was crazy. But i thnk that if it did get out and scientists found a way to produce the state so easily that everyone could, i think it would ruin the astral planes.

JS
    Interesting thought
    I would say.. The scientists could not produce a way to always induce obe in a way that it could be confirmed to be obe and not just a dream. Not because it is impossible, it is very possible, but because it does not fit in the world reality, the universe would make sure it could not be reproduced in an indisputable scientific way. Thats why not even psychic powers are allowed to be publicly tested scientificly. Psychic powers are accepted by many many people, so it can be talked about and used pretty openly, but a great many people in the world do not beleive in it, so it can not be proven to exist on the wide scale.

I think that if ordinary people could project, I dont think it would ruin the planes. Ordinary people limit themselves with thier own thinking so much, they wouldnt be able to 'get off the ground', they'd stay in the lower planes where everything is like physical earth already. Thats my thoughts anyways.

Hmm i just wanted to see what you guys thought.

Im reading Monroe's Far Journeys right now and he has reported going to places and seeing whats going on, then when he returns he will talk to the person and they are shocked to know that's exactly what happened.

So in a way that could kind of invade your privacy.

I jus think that people would have to use it responsibly.

JS
    new...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast