Thread: A Peculiar Case

Blog Entries

A Peculiar Case

-by Andrew Voe
    viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11396

Hi Andrew. I wanted to reply to your question to Robert so I'll do it here in Down Under.

A few nights back my brother projected out of his body twice in one night (for the very first time). The first time he said he seemed to transition from a lucid dream to an AP (it may have still been a LD). His first time "out" he had claimed several hours seemed to have elapsed. Before his second attempt I gave him your advice on not staying out too long the first few times. He said that on his second projection he circled the room a few times, then went flying outside only to be pulled back into his body. I believe I saw him as he was shooting through the ceiling, and he did have all the classic exit symptoms.
    Time warps happen in projection all the time- I believe some call it 'psychological time' and it's part of the package. Others sometimes see us as we project- my hubby has seen me in dreams, and I know of at least two others that have been seen as 'misty shades'- I have seen my mother in projection and saw her as a fleeting shadow.

Since that night, whenever he falls asleep, he has very intense lucid dreams. His consciousness varies, sometimes able to control his environment, sometimes not. The problem is that he doesn't seem to get any down time when he sleeps now, since he seems to go instantly from being awake to his LD(s). He's physically rested, but his mind seems fatigued, as it's seemed to have been awake non stop for days now. I never thought lucid dreaming could have a negative side!
    This is known as 'lifting the veil' and happens at first. Everything you have described happens in the beginning, to some more than others (meaning intensity varies) and then it slows down. I'm amazed he's physically rested- after a few weeks of my starting practice I had to take a month off because of how mind-tired I got. This will get better in time. How long has he been practicing? BTW, I recovered in a month. So you get an idea.

My question is, have you heard of anything like this in the past, or have some clue on how he can get some good rest, or some possible causes for this behavior? I understand this is a little odd (I certainly haven't heard of it), but anythings appreciated.
    I think it happens to most everyone, it's just that some are not surprised by it. Remember that trance, as in Mind Awake Body Asleep is just that- you are staying awake long after your body is asleep, and we're used to some degree of unconsciousness. But we do get used to it and eventually recover.
    The only thing that I did was to 'officially take time off practice', as in 'telling myself' that I am going to be unconscious, don't want to know what's going on, didn't meditate or do energy work. After about a month of doing nothing (and, oh yes, increasing your sleep hours) I began to 'officially' practice again, had a projection almost immediately, and suffered no ill consequences.
    I hope this helps some, at least to know it's not weird, and that it can be gotten over.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

AndrewVoe Guest

Re: A Peculiar Case

After reviewing your response, my brother has a pretty good idea of what's going on. He hasn't actually read up too much on astral projection, so it was pretty enlightening. The first OOBE was actually unintentional, and maybe circumstantial as he went 36 hours without sleep or eating too much and filling up on caffeine. The second OOBE was intentional, and was his first attempt he's made in quite some time; I suppose he's just a natural. He now knows to take things slow and keep them short your first few times out as Robert recommends. He's also relieved to here it's natural in a lot of people, he was worried he broke something in himself!

Thanks for the feedback.