Thread: i have trouble with your ROPE method

snowman626 Guest

i have trouble with your ROPE method

hello, everytime i try the ROPE method, I just dont get the effects you talked about. I try to focus on climbing a rope from above, and usually what happens is that my mind drifts and my "body" would feel weightless and just float around, thus having no pressure exerted. Like.. I understand how efffective it would be if done properly, because a lot of times when I first try doing the ROPE, I do feel the effects and I feel a buzz in my body and I feel a definite sensation. but I just cant maintain it long enough for some reason.

instead of doing the ROPE method, I've tried coming up with my own way of doing it. I do all the relaxing excersies until my body is slightly numb and calm... and then I just keep repeating in my mind and tell myself "you are tired, so tired, so tired you need to sleep.. you dont have any energy left... your physical body is so tired nothing else matters, nothing else matters" I just repeat that over and over in my mind, trying to trick my body into falling asleep, and most of the time what happens is that I'll feel myself shifting... I can feel my astral body loosening from my physical body, but everytime that happens.. I just wake up right after without further progress. I just want to know, if you know what I am talking about.. and if you know what I need to do to astral project from there??

Re: i have trouble with your ROPE method

G'day,

What you are doing is called 'auto hypnosis' and this will work.

However, I advise you to revise your wording as you are putting yourself to sleep. You want to be borderline, on the edge of sleep.

So words like 'I am deeply relaxed and awake'

I also suggest you vary your obe exit method and use several. Spend 30 seconds on Rope, then change to Rolling Out, then another, etc.

And keep in mind that you need a level of 'slight discomfort' to keep the body mind connection alive, so your obe memories can download into conscious memory.

Also, write down key words immediately after an attempt, and use OBE recall methods.

Robert