Thread: About boris' question

Blog Entries

About boris' question

Hello, boris.

I saw your question in "Ask Robert" and wanted add my own view on this:

Quote Originally Posted by boris
    I was just wondering how you feel sex, or indeed gay sex, fits in with the enlightenment of a human being?
    Sex as a devotional practice is not only known in Tantra, there are also partnered practices in Daoism where sexual partners combine their energies and boost their meditation practice. For example described in "The Great Stillness" by Bruce Frantzis.

Sometimes, when such terrestrial pleasures can effect me in such similar ways to spiritual enlightenment, I wonder how much is just placebo? How much is simply chemical reactions in my mind?
    What does say that one excludes the other? Your body and mind are intertwined, they relate to each other. The body has an effect on the mind, the mind on the body. Without chemical reactions in your brain your mind would have no way to express itself in this incarnation.

I am sometimes scared that homosexual relations are making me lose my faith.
    Or maybe your chosen religious group is simply not appreciative of your life style? I think that is separate from faith, as faith happens between you and God, not you and a religious group. Do you really think God judges you for how you were created?

Is God just a sex act followed by a cigarette and a sausage sandwich?
    Surely not.

If you view it that way, it is not spiritual but just a kick. An energy that you tap into to have fun only but no spiritual experience. The spiritual experience does not exclude the fun, it does however require it to be an experience that opens up awareness, that makes you open up and see the wonder of it all.

If you see this experience just as a booster for your sexuality, I would expect it to be exactly that, but no more. But if you see it as a booster to your relation to God, your intent and your mind will make it that, too. The same energies can open us up or leave us as we are. The willingness of the mind, the readiness to open up for spirit, that is the difference. It is up to you whether you conduct spirit or not.

Take good care,
    Oliver

boris Guest

Re: About boris' question

this question wasnt actually posted by me, a skeptical friend of mine got onto my account posted it, basically trolling for larfs.

interesting answers nontheless Korpo. I think it would be quite interesting to have a mature debate with people like my friend on this forum, ill try and get thim to register, see what happens.

Blog Entries

Re: About boris' question

this question wasnt actually posted by me, a skeptical friend of mine got onto my account posted it, basically trolling for larfs.
    Can't pwn me!

Oliver