Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Re-inhabiting your old body

Re: Re-inhabiting your old body

Quote Originally Posted by dindinwo
    Is'nt "time" supposedly non-linear? If theoretically, I go back to say, 1998 and hop into my old body, won't my current existence continue?
    Yes, back in 1998 of course. If you subscribe to the multiverse theory, some of you won't go back to 1998 but rather continue on as they were.

Quote Originally Posted by dindinwo
    Since technically I have the same "soul" with my 1998 self there should'nt be an issue taking over that body?
    Well if all you're talking about is sending your soul back in time then there's no point, its already there. I suspect that you also wish to send you memories and likely your consciousness too not to mention a few other things. That's where the problems begin.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

dindinwo Guest

Yes, back in 1998 of course. If you subscribe to the multiverse theory, some of you won't go back to 1998 but rather continue on as they were.
    My understanding is that all things are theoretically happening at the same time. I possibly even went back already lol in some other time-line. Time as a linear concept is more a function of waking existence here and now (in our current selves) but the universe has a different perpective, it sees all times and occurences simoultaneously.

Well if all you're talking about is sending your soul back in time then there's no point, its already there. I suspect that you also wish to send you memories and likely your consciousness too not to mention a few other things. That's where the problems begin.
    What kind of problems? If true time travel is possible as a point of conciousness (as I imagine it is) not just a dream environment and both souls are actually the same soul I don't see where it could go wrong. Though I see there could be slight difficulties like adjusting to the new memories etc etc.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    I could see that, but before *I* start babbling on, I'm curious as to your thinking on what the "problems" might be.

One alternative I've been kicking around lately is the idea of opening up a more free flow of energy and information; an uninterrupted pathway from the beginning of the incarnation all the way to the higher self. It seems to me that this would align all versions of the self such that moving one's point of awareness around on the timeline would be a lot less traumatic than, say, jumping one's present point of reference fifteen years backward with no preparation on the other end.

dindinwo Guest

^ I'm not getting how this could be "traumatic". Would it be better to simply do it at night while my hypothetical 1998 self is sleeping?

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

What I mean by traumatic is that you're not the same person you were ten years ago -- there's likely a big gap between the two selves in knowledge, awareness, memories, vibration, personality and any number of other factors. Thus, trying to integrate one self into the other, you run into compatibility issues, in the same way you would if you tried to install more recent, top of the line software into a computer made a decade or two ago. Your former self may have serious problems trying to process all this new input that it has no frame of reference for, without any context, since it hasn't had those experiences yet.

dindinwo Guest

Interesting.... So if you take over your hypothetical 1998 self there would be compatibility issues? I'm not really sure how you can confirm this LOL. Technically my conciousness would take over (at least theoretically) in effect *kicking* my earlier conciousness out or absorbing it.

Yup, same as any possession, other than both parties are you.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

well why dont u try something a little more easy, instead of going back like 15 years, go back a couple of days...or go back to the night before and see if you cna handle it. Then just try to experiment...going back 1 day, 5 days, 10, days, 20 day, 1 month, 2, a year, 3 years...all the way to 15...i think slow and steady gets u there...or why not asking someone in the astral realm about it

personally if it was me, i wouldnt change anything in the past...i would jsut go an realive it..i wouldnt bet on the winning team at the superbowl and make millions...instead i would start meditating and stuff at a very young age and just try to get really spiritual...then just live my life to this point..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2