Thread: Fear...

artdragondream Guest

Fear...

I would like to take some time and talk about Fear and its effects on our Out of Body as well as Astral experiences. Fear is a natural presses we all cant help but experience throughout our lives but it can play havoc with all of us in an out of body state. And sometimes there is not much we can do about it.

Fear is an emotional response to tangible and realistic dangers. Fear should be distinguished from anxiety, an emotion that often arises out of proportion to the actual threat or danger involved, and can be subjectively experienced without any specific attention to the threatening object.
    My mother had an out of body experience recently that perfectly illustrates how Fear can create some strange situations.

During my mothers OBE she found herself sitting in her favorite chare. She was fully aware and could see everything clearly. Something caught her attention at the corner of her eye and she reacted subconsciously with a fear response. She didn’t know what it was but her mind seemed to fill in the blanks with its own story. She thought “What if someone is breaking into our house?” and in response to that thought a group of men dressed in black instantaneously manifested and clamed inside through a window and began taking random things from inside the house. Thinking this was real she reacted with another subconscious fear. It’s an instinctual fear that if confronted with something, what if you are unable to escape. All of a sudden she was paralyzed. Completely unable to move at all. At this point she woke up.

As you can see our minds can get carried away if we are not careful. The RTZ as Robert calls it is created from thought and as such its completely moldable by thought and imagination. You can consider this reality to be one step away from a dream environment. In fact if your awareness is lowered enough you will enter into a normal dream. This has happened to countless projectors and will happen to you. This is also one reason a dream journal comes in so handy. Not only does it help you remember your dreams but also helps you understand how your mind can affect what you experience. The better you understand what is going on the more control you will have over your experience.

If there is a situation where your mind gets a bit carried away just remind yourself that you have complete control and you can turn the situation around into anything you wish it to be just with your imagination. Think of it like this. If you have seen the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban you will remember the scene where professor Lupin is teaching his students how to combat a Bogart. When he lets the Bogart out it immediately takes on the form of your worst fear. The students use there wand, imagine something funny, and say “Ridiculous” and the Bogart becomes the funny thing you imagined. Everyone laughs and it runs away. This is a perfect illustration of how you can take control of a fearful situation while out of body. In fact you could have quite a lot of fun with it if you think about it.

Just remember that fear is your only real enemy in these worlds of the non-physical as well as the real world. So if you hear someone talk about daemons and evil entities out to get you take it with a grain of salt and never worry about it because even if they tell you they have encountered them personally you have no way of knowing if it was just a projection of there imagination. I’m in no way denying that entities with intentions we would consider to be negative or evil are out there somewhere. What I am saying is that you need not call them into your experience. You are the lord and master of your experience in the RTZ so have fun with it when you can.

~Scott

Lord Of Time Guest

Re: Fear...

I have been experiencing these seemingly irrational bouts of acute and intense fear on waking up (usually just before dawn). Perhaps it’s because my astral has been “out and about” in other realms and dimensions and my conscious mind has no recollection of it.

The fear lasts for maybe a couple of minutes of maybe only a few seconds but it is overwhelming, bordering on sheer terror. My conscious mind is filled with a childhood dread of death; that beyond life in this physical form, nothing exists and I should do all I can to hold onto my physical body because existing beyond it is impossible.

When the initial terror subsides it is replaced by anxieties about what I’ve done with my physical life: work, relationships etc. This just makes me feel depressed.

Does experiencing fear mean I am closer to projecting? Is it just a less drastic form of astral feedback? Any thoughts?

artdragondream Guest

We project out of our bodies every night. The only problem is we have a hard time retaining the memory of it and when we do, most of the time it is just recalled as a dream. If what you are saying is true and you have an underlying fear of a nothingness after death, it is possible you experienced something while out of body resembling that thing you fear. One of the first experiences I’ve had out of body was the void. The void is a complete nothingness in perfect black. Although the experience I feel was actually very positive for me, I felt a great sense of peacefulness, It is possible that if you experienced this void as well it could have triggered that fear response. It is good that you are hear learning what you can. The more you learn about all the topics available to you the easier it will be for you to overcome your fear.

Good luck to you. I know you will do fine.

~Scott

Blog Entries

L.O.T.,It's also possible that you hadn't completely reintegrated upon waking and had a 'dweller feedback' from your own energy body. It's what I suspect when the fear comes on suddenly and irrationally. But if there is a specific reason for this fear, then I like artdragondream's explanation better.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Lord Of Time Guest

Thanks people . Sitting here in broad daylight in front of my lappy, I feel no fear and desperately want an OBE. I think you’re both right. Artdragondream is right about the void. It makes me feel like I’m being sucked into oblivion and will cease to be. However, the fact that the fear occurs in the dead of night also points to CFTraveler’s explanation that my astral has been out and isn’t fully integrated causing “dweller feedback”.

When I’m not working, I’m devoting most of my time to meditating and trying to recreate the void in my mind in order to grow accustom to it. The next step is to try it at 3 AM. Will let you know if anything happens.

This might seem like a redundant question Artdragondream, seeing as time doesn’t really have any meaning in the astral dimension, but how long were you in the void for and did you ever get anxious about returning back to the physical?

artdragondream Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Time
    This might seem like a redundant question Artdragondream, seeing as time doesn’t really have any meaning in the astral dimension, but how long were you in the void for and did you ever get anxious about returning back to the physical?
    It was actually less than a minute but it felt like forever. And while I was there i wanted to stay as long as i could. It was an amazing experience. Once you experience the void only then can you know true nothingness where only you exist. The black is so complete that sitting in a completely dark room with your eyes closed is like staring into the sun in comparison. But there is absolutely nothing negative about it. From the void comes infinite possibility. It is the starting point for all of creation. To experience it with a calm mind is one of the most astonishing things you will ever do.

"When you stair into the void... the void stairs back into you."

~Scott

artdragondream Guest

Hear is an interesting video I think you will like. This is Alan Watts - On Nothingness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLrMVous0Ac

~Scott

Lord Of Time Guest

"That which is Void is precisely Form, That which is Form is precisely Void."

I find that sentence comforting. I've never heard of Alan Watts before but I'll check out more of his stuff.

Thanks Scott .