Thread: MIND AWAKE/BODY ASLEEP - SLEEP PARALYSIS

Nicky18 Guest

MIND AWAKE/BODY ASLEEP - SLEEP PARALYSIS

Hello,
    I am new to psionics and other 'paranormal' activities in some ways and I am also new to this community. I really felt the need to share my experience to gain better clarity. Here it is:

I frequently have sleep paralysis and know many others who do. I've had them since childhood. I've always felt a sense of fear during the event and only recently have I read about it. I've learnt to endure them, but not enjoy as you suggest. My last experience (last week) was very unusual because this time I felt as if a "presence" or "being" was lifting my legs up and only my shoulders and head was on my pillow, but I knew that my body was on the bed. This never happened before. I also felt as if there was more than one "being" or "presence" in the room and the other one dashed quickly across the room from my doorway to the bed and then 'vanished' but it frightened me when it seemed to be rushing towards me as if attacking. This is also the first time I've experience more than one "presence". I've recently started meditating and exploring psionic ability (only just beginning to draw or sense energy) and none have really manifested as far as I can tell, but I'm wandering if this experience with the sleep paralysis is linked to my recent studies/explorations. Any thoughts... please share.

Sincerely,
    Nicky

Blog Entries

Re: MIND AWAKE/BODY ASLEEP - SLEEP PARALYSIS

Hello, Nicky.

There is always the possibility while being in a trance state that you sense other entities present. Sleep paralysis is usually a good indicator that you are in a trance (though the paralysis is not necessary for having a trance). In a trance your extra-sensory perception can make you feel presences, and fear is a natural reaction to any kind of unknown.

Robert just today wrote again that is common to also perceive one's own projected astral double as a "foreign" presence in your room. I actually am inclined to believe that the presence rushing from doorway to bed and vanishing might be your astral double, but since your awareness was focussed in the body and not the astral double, you did not download its experiences.

I have encountered a similar reentry myself, and it can be a frightening experience - an unknown presence entering the room, coming towards you and then vanishing or even to feel it merging. It is also perfectly harmless - I gave myself a scare!

It is not unknown to encounter helper entities or guides or other beings who might want to assist you getting out of body, who might lift your astral body partially or fully out. The fact that we fear them or even call their presence "evil" is first and foremost our fear of the unknown overlaying our experience. Most of these encounters are either "Dweller on the Threshold" phenomena (see AD-Pedia sub-forum for that), misinterpreting an entity trying to be helpful, or other phenomena. Robert Monroe had helpers, Bruce Moen relies on them, many others had such non-physical friends giving them a "helping hand".

Finally, if you want to break sleep paralysis, you can. Try to wiggle one of your big toes. Try until you succeed, this usually breaks the paralysis. Robert recommends it. When you see you can control this state you might actually lose the fear associated with it and might enjoy more exploring it.

Take very good care and good luck,
    Oliver

Nicky18 Guest

Hello Korpo,

Much thanks for your reply. it helped a great deal. I have another question though: Next time, if I want to explore this astral world (i.e. I want to lift my astral body totally out of the physical one, what should I do? Even if I have no 'helpers' next time.
    Thanks again.

Nicky

Blog Entries

Hi Nicky. I had very similar experiences when I first found this site. What I found worked for me was to do sponging on my legs when they started to lift against my will, and this usually worked.
    What to do? Start doing energy work and learn to project on purpose. Put yourself in the driver's seat of your energy body.
    Then, you'll know when you're ready to project, and you will be in charge of your exit.
    For more info on sponging go to the section on NEW on the website for energy work
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=18
    and to learn to take control of your projection read the Online treatise, and it should get you started.
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.