Thread: A couple questions about Tai Chi...

wer Guest

A couple questions about Tai Chi...

Hey there. I just recently began practicing a simplified method of T'ai Chi Ch'uan (Yang family style). It seems to me that Tai Chi is the best way to strengthen your energy and keep good physical health. The author of the book I'm reading claimed that he started practicing Tai Chi during a period of very poor health (he had tuberculosis), and after seven years of practicing Tai Chi everyday, his illness completely left him. I also ran across a couple of videos showing Tai Chi (and various other internal martial arts) experts using what they call "fa jing" energy to deflect opponents without even touching them. These can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6KxA6H4aUg.

Anyways, I'm very serious about mastering astral projection, strengthening my energy system, and greatly improving my physical health. What is you personal opinion about Tai Chi, and what would you suggest I do to reach my goals?

Re: A couple questions about Tai Chi...

G'day,

Tai Chi is an excellent discipline.

I have taught a number of practitioners and teachers over the years, and it is clear that the energy work I teach enhances Tai Chi, and also greatly shortens the learning process. This includes Kung Fu and Qi Gong.

I suggest you get a copy of my book, Energy Work, and also take up Tai Chi, and combine them.

Robert