Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: use of mirrors in lucid dreams

Matthew Guest
    Stargazer,
    Thought I would do an experiment last night. (kind of lucky since lucid dreams don't usually come two nights in a row) I was in a car speeding down the highway. I climbed out through the roof (kind of like a ghost) and then sat on the roof. I started paying attention to how I felt. And I did feel a very strong sense of forward movement. Then I thought about what my other senses were reporting and noticed that there was no sound.
    So, I'm thinking that our senses respond to where our attention is. In this case, we might need to concentrate on the falling sensation to make the "hitting the ground" technique work.
    PS- I got blown off the car before I could see if concentrating on hearing would make me aware of sounds. When I hit the ground near some buildings, people were talking to me and I could hear them.
    -Matthew

stargazer Guest
    Spinning no good. Had a lucid dream... spinning made the surroundings go wonky but then it just woke me up. The second time, I was having a really nice lucid dream and wanted to stay engaged in it, but trying spinning there didn't really accomplish anything. That's a big red X for spinning as an lucid body awareness technique.

Quantitativefool Guest
    Wow, I just had a Lucid dream where I tried walking into a mirror and such, it worked really well to create a different enviorment! Very interesting.

Thanks,
    -Stu

Matthew Guest
    Cool....glad it worked for you, Quantitativefool.
    Never tried the spinning, Stargazer. I'll have to try it.
    Last night I tried to fly straight up as fast as I could. It didn't lead to an OBE or anything. In fact, I had a hard time going much faster than my usual speed.
    -Matthew

Blog Entries
    Just a thought: Ever since I've lived in my house (12 years now) I've not been able to project myself outside - every time I try to leave the house I end up somewhere else. My bedroom has mirrors in almost all the walls- I wonder if that's why- I might be getting caught in some kind of reflection sling effect or something. Hmmm...
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Matt Guest
    Most of the time when I walk through the door to go outside I get a reality shift that puts me somewhere else. I think that maybe it's a matter of having enough raw lucidity to be able to stay on the same 'frequency' as you go through portals. The mirrors in your house may make it more difficult to stay on the frequency but I'm not sure

Matthew Guest
    Interesting thoughts on doorways....I've noticed a consciousness shift even in the waking state. When I walk out of a big building or even my house, I've watched my thought patterns and noticed a shift (it feels kind of like a receptive pause). Maybe there is a connection here between astral, dreaming, and real doorways: a natural awareness shift that comes from new surroundings? Err, no... I don't think that is the whole story. Ideas?
    -Matthew

Blog Entries
    Matthew wrote:
    Maybe there is a connection here between astral, dreaming, and real doorways: a natural awareness shift that comes from new surroundings?
    Maybe. Even though I've lived in my present house for 12 years, I have never been able to go out of the house to the street out of body. I've tried through the roof, through the window, and wall. I think that the last time it hapened (see my OBE journal) I ended up like 4 blocks away. I find this a bit weird, since I used to go through my bedroom window and around the neighborhood in the house I grew up in (and lived all my life until I was like 18 ). Other than mirrors, or the "awareness shift" that happens now, I wonder what else might be going on.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

stargazer Guest
    Hey Matthew...

In the thread about RB's spirit communication device, RB mentions in the interview that a good way to astral project from lucid is to, "allow yourself to fall backwards in a lucid dream without trying to catch oneself. This usually causes a shift directly into the astral body."

We'll have to give it a try!

Apex Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer
    In the thread about RB's spirit communication device, RB mentions in the interview that a good way to astral project from lucid is to, "allow yourself to fall backwards in a lucid dream without trying to catch oneself. This usually causes a shift directly into the astral body."
    Wow really? I tried this a couple weeks ago to wake up from a dream, and it worked heh.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast