Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A lesson about trance (theta state)

Blog Entries

Re: A lesson about trance (theta state)

I sometimes get those but in deep trance and with a feeling of backwards movement. I use the movement ('go with it') to get out. But not lately. Actually not in a long, long time (about 3 months at least.)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

So, you ease out of yourself by sinking?

Oliver

Blog Entries

By sliding backwards. Only in that case, though. (Remember I do it in a chair)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Mystikal Guest

Interesting that we all see similar things. I wonder why they're all in different colors...

I don't think they're a manifestation of alpha waves; an 8-12 Hz wave seems a bit too high frequency to be perceived as "once per second", even in trance. Hm... does anyone here know how these waves actually manifest in one's brain? Do they actually move through the brain, or is it more of a pulsing that happens everywhere at once? If the latter, they certainly wouldn't be perceived as a moving shape.

Now, they certainly could be a perception of some sort of wave moving through the brain, perhaps localized to somewhere in the visual processing area. But I'm afraid that whatever they are, they're probably different from the original thing Korpo asked about, and not helping him get an answer to that question (interesting as they may be!)... ^_^;

Blog Entries

The deeper I get into trance, the less meaningful time gets. When I don't have outside input like someone speaking in the physical world, I have nothing to measure time by. The more detached I am from such input (for example by headphones when doing Monroe tapes), the more skewed my perception of time becomes. Seconds can stretch into feeling like minutes with a Monroe tape in Focus 12 - the pause between words can seem exceedingly long.

So, it might be a perception of brain waves - only to be perceived because trance changes our perception of time sufficiently to perceive the also slowed brain waves. Then again it might be not.

Oliver

Mystikal Guest

In a deep enough trance, yes... but I see said moving ring in very light trance. Sometimes all I have to do is close my eyes for a minute, and I can still be plenty conscious of sounds and other external input. So I'm discounting any explanation that depends upon deep trance to make sense. ;p

Blog Entries

Good point.

Oliver

sono Guest

Hi Korpo,

Just to mention I had a dream 2 nights ago about a "symbiotic psychic" (a man & woman who spoke through one another) who held my fingertips, along with a sort of metal "clip" to "check" my "streams" & "blood pressure"; I was told he injected "thanatos" into me, & the area around my eyes went mottled & blue-black. . . I assumed it meant "thanatos"/death & that I was to prepare for it, but now you mention a similar-sounding word, it could have been that. . . . strange that we both had the same TYPE of word in dreams.

(Sorry I have no insight to offer on your dream experiences, I think you yourself are one of the best dream-interpreters on the forum. . . .I don't trust my own interpretations yet)

PS I always see the turning "yin-yang" symbol when I meditate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sono
    PS I always see the turning "yin-yang" symbol when I meditate.
    You seem to be a very visual meditator according to this and other posts of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by sono
    I assumed it meant "thanatos"/death & that I was to prepare for it, but now you mention a similar-sounding word, it could have been that. . . . strange that we both had the same TYPE of word in dreams.
    I thought about "death", too, when you mentioned the word - ancient Greek in high school... ( <= geek ) ... See this:

The Greek poet Hesiod established in his Theogony that Thanatos was a son of Nyx (Night) and Erebos (Darkness) and twin of Hypnos (Sleep).
    (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatos)

Night, darkness and sleep. Hmmm. Theta is a state of sleep or deep meditation. If you follow Maharshi about meditation it is "the razor's edge" - finding the states on the verge of wake and sleep (IIRC that is, I think it was Maharshi).

Thanatos has also been portrayed as a slumbering infant in the arms of his mother Nyx, or as a youth carrying a butterfly (the ancient Greek word "ÀÃÂÆ’ÃÂ…Ã‡Π·" can mean soul, butterfly, or life, amongst other things ^ ) or a wreath of poppies (poppies were associated with Hypnos and Thanatos because of their hypnogogic traits and the eventual death engendered by overexposure to them).
    (from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatos)

Now there is something (emphasis by me). Hypnogogic properties - imagery! Remember your eyes. Also an association with soul. Remember - death is but a portal for a change, and there is an afterlife as well - it can even be visited.

German Wikipedia says Thanatos lives at the verge of day and night - between wake and sleep - just as does theta sleep.

And finally - transmission of thought, the communication of spirits, can carry multiple meanings, which allow for several interpretations into words. If you touch such a thought - I once did - you get a different interpretation every time as words are not enough to capture all of it. So "Thanatos" and "Theta" may be different aspects or facets of the same "transferred" thought. You translate these aspects out of the original message so you can think about them in an analytical manner. So if "Theta" feels right, too, then the message might be ambiguous, too.

Oliver

Blog Entries

PS -

To dream of your own death, indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life.
    (from: http://www.dreammoods.com/)

Enlightenment is also often associated with death of the ego or rebirth.

Alternatively it could also be an attunement to energies that help you perceive the afterlife more easily? Or deceased people / discarnates? I mean as a medium.

Oliver

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast