Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is it just me...

Blog Entries

Re: Is it just me...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dooley
    I can't control what goes on outside my apartment.
    Why can't you? I've put wards around an entire rather large property, and it appeared to work. You might as well give it a try. Maybe some sort of... Cone of Silence type thing. I mean, hey, it can't hurt to build an astral one and set it up to draw energy from the earth in a cycle. I would if I were in your position, but I LOVE doing wards and stuff.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Why can't you? I've put wards around an entire rather large property, and it appeared to work. You might as well give it a try. Maybe some sort of... Cone of Silence type thing. I mean, hey, it can't hurt to build an astral one and set it up to draw energy from the earth in a cycle. I would if I were in your position, but I LOVE doing wards and stuff.
    So how would I go about doing that. I do not really know alot about those things.

Blog Entries

So did you go see 'Get Smart' yet? I was trying to explain the Cone of Silence to my son, but he didn't get it.
    I need to go to sleep now. Sorry for the off-topic comment.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    So did you go see 'Get Smart' yet? I was trying to explain the Cone of Silence to my son, but he didn't get it.
    I need to go to sleep now. Sorry for the off-topic comment.

Missed it by that much.

No haven't seen it yet. I love the old show though.

Blog Entries

Haven't seen it yet, it's not in release in Australia yet, I don't think. I absolutely intend to see it, though. I loved the show, and I LOVE Anne Hathaway.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Is the noise really so bad?

I meditate on a commuter train regularly, and except if someone has a really annoying voice, I can cope somehow. While sitting at home is better, it adds to my overall time in a good way.

Maybe you could try to rise early, meditate before you start your day. If you can pull it off, it is usually a good deal quieter and you can enjoy the morning air.

Oliver

Blog Entries

I can meditate in a noisy place, so long as the noise is not the sort that goes, "Mummy! Mummy! Mummy! Look at this!" or "Honey, where's the apple sauce?" or similar.

I do meditate in the car while I'm waiting for my child to get out of school. The parking is horrible, so I have to go fairly early and I have half an hour or more to just sit quietly and wait. I often meditate then.

Funny thing about meditating with noise, I definitely do go into a nice alpha state, but I become both super aware of the noises around me and totally detached from them at the same time. I hear all the birds and cars and people walking past and so on, but I just don't care in the least about any of them, because I'm elsewhere.

I get the same thing as Olderwiser, with the noises,and the hyperawareness/detachment, and whatnot. I also think its good practice, to meditate in a noisy place, even if it is more difficult.