Thread: One of the coolest dreams that I've ever had.

Mike Dooley Guest

One of the coolest dreams that I've ever had.

I had been dreaming for most of the night. When all of a sudden I opened my eyes, and it was daylight out. I realized that it was morning already, so I got up, and went to go about my business. I was not in my bedroom. I was in the middle of a small clearing in the middle of a forest. The forest was very vibrant and full of the most awesome fall colors that I have ever seen. In the middle of the clearing was a big slab of stone. In the place on the stone, where my chakras would have been, were the corresponding colors to that chakra. Needless to say that I became filled with delight. I showed so much emotion that I actually woke myself up. To this day I am still trying to find a way back to that place, or maybe I can find a place like that one in the real world.

Fish Guest

Re: One of the coolest dreams that I've ever had.

Sounds like a great place to visit while meditating

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dooley
    I had been dreaming for most of the night. When all of a sudden I opened my eyes, and it was daylight out. I realized that it was morning already, so I got up, and went to go about my business. I was not in my bedroom. I was in the middle of a small clearing in the middle of a forest. The forest was very vibrant and full of the most awesome fall colors that I have ever seen. In the middle of the clearing was a big slab of stone. In the place on the stone, where my chakras would have been, were the corresponding colors to that chakra. Needless to say that I became filled with delight. I showed so much emotion that I actually woke myself up. To this day I am still trying to find a way back to that place, or maybe I can find a place like that one in the real world.
    Man it was great. It was so peaceful. It made such a big impact on me that I can visualize what it looks like in my mind's eye. I'll never forget that place. Never...

ranlinra13 Guest

You could go back to that place by conscious dreaming or shamanic journeying. There are drumming cd's you could purchase if you do not have a friend that could drum for you. The steady drum beat puts you into a Theta state. The ones with just the drum beat and no added flutes or synthesizers are best.

Picture it in your mind. Look at it like you look at an old family photo or photo of friends from an event that you enjoyed. When you look at those photos, you go back to the feelings - so picture the dream in your mind. See it clearly. See the vibrant fall colors. Do you smell the fall smells - spice bushes - like cinnamons. Is the air crisp, is there a breeze - feel the breeze wipe away stress from your body.

(Oh, it's better to be warm - eyes covered up with something so that it is dark. Laying on your back is best - do not cover up solar plexus with hands. Be in comfortable positions - and I feel that no socks and shoes help. Don't try after eating - or eating heavy meal - and try to have quiet area where you will not be disturbed)

sorry - so feel the breeze, smell the smells, how did if feel when you may have brushed against a tree or leaf or did you hear the crackling of the leaves under your steps. Taste the air - try to use all your senses to experience it - even emotion - especially emotion. Don't concentrate hard. A journey is different than a meditation in that you are not bringing the place or picture to you - you are going there - similar to astral travel. Feel the slab where the colors of the chakras were. Now - if you start to go into a different direction - don't fight it - go with it. Sometimes we have to do a side trip -maybe for "magical dream tools" to help discover even more in the dream. Maybe we go get a friend - or a teacher to help explain what we see and feel.

The more you do this, the more you are setting your path to this place and will be able to visit over and over again.

Ps - notice the time. I could go on a journey that seems 10 minutes long and be gone for over two hours.

Tell yourself before you begin that you promise to come back to your physical space.

Have fun.

Mike Dooley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ranlinra13
    You could go back to that place by conscious dreaming or shamanic journeying. There are drumming cd's you could purchase if you do not have a friend that could drum for you. The steady drum beat puts you into a Theta state. The ones with just the drum beat and no added flutes or synthesizers are best.

Picture it in your mind. Look at it like you look at an old family photo or photo of friends from an event that you enjoyed. When you look at those photos, you go back to the feelings - so picture the dream in your mind. See it clearly. See the vibrant fall colors. Do you smell the fall smells - spice bushes - like cinnamons. Is the air crisp, is there a breeze - feel the breeze wipe away stress from your body.

(Oh, it's better to be warm - eyes covered up with something so that it is dark. Laying on your back is best - do not cover up solar plexus with hands. Be in comfortable positions - and I feel that no socks and shoes help. Don't try after eating - or eating heavy meal - and try to have quiet area where you will not be disturbed)

sorry - so feel the breeze, smell the smells, how did if feel when you may have brushed against a tree or leaf or did you hear the crackling of the leaves under your steps. Taste the air - try to use all your senses to experience it - even emotion - especially emotion. Don't concentrate hard. A journey is different than a meditation in that you are not bringing the place or picture to you - you are going there - similar to astral travel. Feel the slab where the colors of the chakras were. Now - if you start to go into a different direction - don't fight it - go with it. Sometimes we have to do a side trip -maybe for "magical dream tools" to help discover even more in the dream. Maybe we go get a friend - or a teacher to help explain what we see and feel.

The more you do this, the more you are setting your path to this place and will be able to visit over and over again.

Ps - notice the time. I could go on a journey that seems 10 minutes long and be gone for over two hours.

Tell yourself before you begin that you promise to come back to your physical space.

Have fun.

I've tried something along those lines before and had good results. Thanks for the reminder. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.