The topic of ghosts and other phenomena came up in the staff room a couple of days ago. I didn't start the conversation and only joined it as someone asked the others if they'd ever experienced a ghost. I piped up, of course, and because I did I discovered a few very spiritually open-minded people in my faculty. One thing led to the other and we were discussing other experiences such as lucid dreaming and OBEs.

The young woman who showed most interest in the conversation is referenced in an earlier entry. I've copied it here:

Next I find myself in a dream. A woman at work is showing me her watch. She says her mother made it. I look at it and I think it has dolphins on it but no numbers. I say it’s a nice watch but I always prefer watches with numbers. She shows me it again and says, “It does have numbers, see?” I look. Now it has some numbers and its background says something about California. I’m looking at a watch (another method I’ve used for reality- checking) that keeps transforming but I’m too far-gone to twig. She tells me that another teacher is being kind and helping her write her exam paper. I don’t recognise him but I accept that as a result of being new to the school. (Clearly, her test was for me! I wonder who he was?)

It occurred to me driving home that I should have told her about this dream as she would have liked it. (Later I did). It also revived my memory of the Californian reference. I wonder if it was a coincidence, then, I had heard about the Californian earthquake on the news that morning.