Robert,

It's been a while since I've visited these forums, but I've been thinking it's a good time to resume spiritual training. Often in the past health problems have kept me from being diligent, but I recently had surgery on my sinuses so it might be easier now. My question is, I've had a notion for a few years about how I would like to make my career. I'm currently a physics student at Arizona State University in the US, and once I get my degree I'll have to decide where to do research. An idea that keeps coming back to me would be to try to join my love of science with the love of the spiritual. What is your opinion on this? I'm sure lots of skeptics might take this approach but I am in no way a skeptic. I simply think that both disciplines could stand to gain much from each other, without taking anything away from either one. When I looked into parapsychology, it seemed like a waning discipline, especially here in the US. With your experience I'm sure you've met scientists in the context of spiritual matters. Could you share some of these experiences, or give me advice on this little idea of mine? Thanks!

James