Thread: Nervousness and excitement

Nervousness and excitement

I'm in the first week of MAP but one issue I already forsee has to do with excitement and nervousness. When I feel vibrations or catch my body falling asleep I get excited or nervous and this of course brings me back to fully body-awake. Even when I think of the topic of leaving my body I sometimes get a nervous feeling in my stomach. I'm sure a lot of people can relate.

Has anybody found ways of lessening this feeling and avoiding nervousness? I think the affirmations will help, as will experience. I've considered creating my own affirmations or self-hypnosis to train myself to remain completely calm and relaxed during AP work.

BTW, this is my first post and I want to say that I think these boards are fantastic. I'm so glad I found them.

Blog Entries

Re: Nervousness and excitement

No worries MinstruelZ, nerves are something that everyone shares when they do the program, especially if they have not projected before.
    The thing is that the program is put together in such a way that you will have ample time to get into all the mind self-control techniques and relaxation methods, if you follow it as it's put together. If you find that you are reaching the point where you're practicing energy body loosening and trance methods and are still getting excited, then just continue trying additional relaxation techniques.
    Of course, if you are going to use affirmations make sure that you are using positive affirmations, i.e. what you want to see happen, vs. what you do not want.
    For example "I am completely relaxed" (or safe, etc.) will work, while "I won't get nervous" won't, because your subconscious doesn't understand 'don't'.
    Good luck, I hope this forum is helpful for you.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.