Hello Universal traveler,
good to hear about your quests into the astral and its good you are engaged in courses.
You said it yourself in your recent reply: "I should probably try to eliminate the fear".
Fear can ruin everything and be an effective break when it comes to OBE'ing, but the worst is
the imagination running wild.
I bet you have been in this situation:
*hearing voices or sounds*, your imagination immediately make up stories of what those sounds
might come from. "is it spirits", "someone in the house", "are they after me?" ..... PANIC!

I call this the dark side of the monkey mind and you must learn to calm it down, when ever you encounter
such a scenario, be aware of it and watch your thoughts and try not to let them feed into an endless
string of associations. Just observe them and don't assign them any negative or positive emotions.
Just observe. If you give them feedback they will keep running and keep finding things to associate with.

If you cant help them comming, try concentrating on your breat and keep your mind occupied with that,
observe every in and out breath and only concentrate on that.
This way the mind is occupied, and with practice, it won't have time to persue negative thought patterns
(or any thought patterns for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Universal traveler
Hello Kiwibonga,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it is much appreciated. In terms of my fear, I'm afraid of hearing Spirits, I make myself think that a Spirit is in the room, then in silence you have nothing to do but hear, so I'm afraid of hearing a whistle or a voice lol. And where you walked up from the Basement and thought you heard something, that is exactly like me. I guess you're right, I should probably try to eliminate the fear, even though I know that Spirits aren't specifically in my room or are trying to haunt me, when it comes to bed I can't except it, I need some noise, so I put the radio on. What do you think about CFTraveler's idea? Earplugs? Or is that cheating? I think that when I reach the Astral, I will defeat my fear then, I don't know why but I have a feeling, so what do you think about Earplugs? And I take it your against a Natural sounds tape?

I look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
Universal traveler.