Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

alwayson4 Guest

May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

The description of this kundalini subforum says something to the effect of 'advanced energy practice'.

So I thought I would post this highest buddist practice here:

It is called thogal.

It is based on the NOW. There are only two books in english that contain information on practice. One is "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya" The other is "The Dalai Lama's Secret Temple"

Basically, what you want to do, is stare, in an asana of your choice at the clear blue sky. Obviously this practice is therefore weather dependent. Rainbows will appear. Continue staring at the rainbows. Stay in stillness.

Result of practice is the highest attainment, the rainbow body also known as the ja lus. Please google these terms.

There are two types of rainbow body. One is the regular rainbow body. The other is the rainbow body of Great Transfer. To obtain the rainbow body of Great Transfer, I will go over in a later post.

When you stare at the blue sky, do not get confused by the entoptic effects:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entoptic_phenomenon

Basically the rainbows are spontaneously occurring in the NOW.

The rainbow body in buddism is a verified phenomenon. Every couple of years, comes another report of a practitioner's body shrinking to the size of a baby, carried around by the villagers, and then finally disappearing. (This type of rainbow body is the one obtained at "death". The Great Transfer light body is obtained while "alive" and without a corpse shrinking). I believe the benedictine monks are studying it right now, because it is Christ-like.

The buddists have several levels of attainment/realization. It starts at a low-level samadhi, then to kundalini types of realizations, all the way to the rainbow body. The rainbow body is the ultimate of ultimates, especially the type achieved before death. Thogal means "leapover" in Tibetan. Thogal skips all intermediate steps, and goes right to the end goal, the rainbow body.

I will reiterate again, the seed of the rainbow body is the NOW.

Also, for further clarification, even though the body is called the rainbow body, the practitioner in the end will NOT look like a bunch of rainbows. He will look like he always does, but when you touch him, your hand will go right through him! He does not cast a shadow. He can appear in any form. He has no limits, and can appear in any heaven or hell or astral plane. He has full knowledge, and reached the point of "no more learning"

What is crucial to understand, is that the physical brain limits our knowledge. When the body converts back to the 5 elements (the same 5 elements in hinduism, Bardon etc with the same names) represented by the colors of the rainbows, AUTOMATICALLY all obstructions to knowledge is removed.

You cannot gain full knowledge in the physical body! It is impossible. It just not compatibile with the higher reality. You can gain "a lot" admittedly through kundalini, but not full.

When you stare at the rainbows,certain energy body channels are automatically used (please refer to the books I mentioned). SO therefore this qualifies as an advanced energy body practice, and therefore belongs in this subforum.

There are aspects of thogal, such as staring at the moon at night, and meditating in total darkness, so please refer to the above books, I can't type out all the info.

Re: May I introduce the highest Buddist practice?

It doesn't work as well without being preceded by Trekchod, "cutting through", which reduces attachment and increases concentration. Without this preliminary, the appearances of rainbows in your vision can actually get in the way of further practice due to attachment to actually getting results. As for the rainbow body, this refers to dissolving the elements back into light so that only the hair and nails remain - the tissues that are not living. This can happen prior to death, but it usually happens immediately after. There are tests to determine if the hair and nails were left behind because of this process or if it was faked. Attaining the rainbow body also means that the person has become an actual Buddha.

alwayson4 Guest

The criteria for thogal, is only to be in the natural state according to "Heart Drops of Dharmakaya", written by someone who actually attained the rainbow body. If you have significant experience with the natural state/the NOW, you may practice thogal. Trekchod is relaxing your mind and body into the Now...thats all that it is about. There is Tibetan term for the NOW, which is associated with thogal, lhun grub....which means "spontaneous presence". In fact the proper term is lhun grub thogal.....which means leapover (to Buddahood) in the NOW.

Also the rainbow body you described is the one obtained at death. The Great Transference rainbow body occurs without death or corpse shrinkage.

Jaco Guest

The rainbow body in buddism is a verified phenomenon. Every couple of years, comes another report of a practitioner's body shrinking to the size of a baby, carried around by the villagers, and then finally disappearing.

He will look like he always does, but when you touch him, your hand will go right through him! He does not cast a shadow. He can appear in any form.

alwayson4 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Without this preliminary, the appearances of rainbows in your vision can actually get in the way of further practice due to attachment to actually getting results.

You are 100% correct here. This entire thread is directed towards only to the few here who have realized the natural state.

You need to have prior experience with the natural state, which means non-attachment among other properties.

If you do not have experience with the natural state, you can not practice this. The mind is Buddha, not the sky. (P.S. When I say mind, I am not talking about useless mental chatter)

alwayson4 Guest

I will mention a couple of stories of the light body, off the top of my head.

My favorite one, is the king in tibet trying to hug Padmasambava, and he went right through him. Padmasambava chose to remain visible to humans, as have others, to teach.

There was account of a man very recently, who acquired light body at "death" (obviously there is no death, the practitioner becomes immortal). His whole family thought he was a regular man. He used to spend all his time outside in the fields (obviously he was practicing thogal). His only request was that his body be left untouched for a couple of weeks after he dies. Upon his death, his body gradually disappeared from view. Everyone now realizes he was a supreme practitioner. This account is awesome, because the man led a family life, had children, yet attained light body. I think most of the time, ordained monks obtain the light body.

do these books go into depth on how it is done? How long does it usual take to achieve the rainbow body?

amazingjourney Guest

I haven't got into reading about these, but my first reaction, and maybe I have missed out something important, was that it only speaks about our body. What about our consciousness? If someone who go in with no prior spiritual awareness and all he does is following the staring of the rainbow, and then achieve the rainbow body (or can he?) , what about his consciousness? Does it automatically raise to the high consciousness of the divine?
    I assume there are prerequisites before this practice?

alwayson4 Guest

I have already talked about the major prerequistes.

If you are not familiar with the natural state/the NOW at the intimate level, you are wasting your time if you practice this.

Secondly,everything is already divine/perfect. If you cannot see that, you have not rested in yourself yet.

Third, full omniscience/knowledge automatically comes when you you bypass the physical brain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alwayson4
    Third, full omniscience/knowledge automatically comes when you you bypass the physical brain.
    So, why did you have to read a book if you did reach that state?

Oliver

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast