Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Altered methods of energy work

Ouroboros Guest

Altered methods of energy work

I've had some ideas for different ways of approaching some of the NEW exercises, and kind of wanted to throw them out there. Unfortunately, I haven't been doing energy work daily, so I'm not nearly as far along as I'd like to be, but I've tried at least one alternate technique and had some success with it.

That one in particular was a variation on the stirring method. Instead of the stirring action (which I find very difficult to maintain, and sometimes makes me dizzy), I sort of imagivisualized (making up words is fun >.>) a small spinning disk (mind's eye picture is kind of like a little hurricane...hmm, I just realized that I have a color association of green with this action...yay random thoughts!) that I could just move around the area. I've used this on my hands and feet, and it seems to be pretty effective when I can keep the speed of the spinning up (it requires a little bit of extra attention).

But one thing in particular I was thinking about trying I kind of wanted to ask about first, just on the off-chance it might sound "risky." (Although I may go ahead and try it anyway...lol impatience)

For the method for raising energy through the legs, instead of a sponging method, would it be effective or overkill to use a sort of "piping" method? What I mean by this is visualizing/imagining/feeling a constant stream being pumped up through the legs, sort of like water being rushed through a pipe. I suppose experimentation is the only real way to know, but I wanted some input on it nonetheless.

Mystikal Guest

Re: Altered methods of energy work

I usually make up my own techniques for energy work. Sometimes they're inspired by or similar to what others suggest, but when I read about others' methods, I try to understand the essence of what's going on rather than thoughtlessly following their instructions. I think it's important to try out your own ideas if you want to understand what's happening.

I tried out your piping idea for a few moments - I think it works well! Felt a nice rush of energy from it. And I'm still here, so it can't be that risky. ~_^

One of the more unusual techniques I've tried is imagining levers to help me get through blockages. I had a few tough ones that stymied me for a while, but using a lever on 'em loosened them up, and they're mostly dissolved by now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    That one in particular was a variation on the stirring method. Instead of the stirring action (which I find very difficult to maintain, and sometimes makes me dizzy), I sort of imagivisualized (making up words is fun >.>) a small spinning disk (mind's eye picture is kind of like a little hurricane...hmm, I just realized that I have a color association of green with this action...yay random thoughts!) that I could just move around the area. I've used this on my hands and feet, and it seems to be pretty effective when I can keep the speed of the spinning up (it requires a little bit of extra attention).
    Something I do along the same lines is imagine a tiny propeller doing the same thing- whatever works for you that doesn't make uncomfortable should be ok. I can't imagine why not. I've imagined some really 'strong things' before, like tiny ball bearings or metal brushes when I had trouble visualificating (I can do that too ) something.

But one thing in particular I was thinking about trying I kind of wanted to ask about first, just on the off-chance it might sound "risky." (Although I may go ahead and try it anyway...lol impatience)

For the method for raising energy through the legs, instead of a sponging method, would it be effective or overkill to use a sort of "piping" method? What I mean by this is visualizing/imagining/feeling a constant stream being pumped up through the legs, sort of like water being rushed through a pipe. I suppose experimentation is the only real way to know, but I wanted some input on it nonetheless.
    I see no trouble with that one. You can even trade elements when you feel like it, water or fire are good 'flowy' elements for piping and can be used for the alleviation of balance problems.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ouroboros Guest

I tried out your piping idea for a few moments - I think it works well! Felt a nice rush of energy from it. And I'm still here, so it can't be that risky. ~_^
    Cool! I tried it last night too Got some pretty strong sensations from it, so I'll definitely keep that one around for further use.

You can even trade elements when you feel like it, water or fire are good 'flowy' elements for piping and can be used for the alleviation of balance problems.
    Excellent idea! I haven't gotten to the elemental part of Energy Work yet, but it couldn't hurt to practice switching up elements at this point...most advanced thing I'm doin' so far is raising energy in the legs.

Ouroboros Guest

Okay, wow. I just tried another idea I had last night and got some REALLY powerful results from it...definitely the most noticeable effects I've ever experienced.

I started off by pre-stimulating my hands, arms, feet, and legs, and then was doing some leg energy raising. I started off with the sponge technique, and then moved into the piping one I described earlier. Well, after considering the sensations and the method of tactile visualization I needed to use for the piping, I came up with another idea and tried it.

I focused my awareness on my sub-navel storage center, and then emulated the feel of a vacuum, which pulled energy through all parts of my body into the storage center. I felt an immediate response to this action; there was a slight sensation of vertigo, almost as if my entire energy body had temporarily contracted and then expanded back to normal. I could only do this action in pulses, as it was too strong to maintain continuously. It occurs to me that this action is very similar to a breathing action where you would "inhale" energy into the center, and then exhale normally...except I think that a breathing action would be a bit less extreme.

I did the vacuum action for awhile, I think probably five or ten minutes. I'm pretty sure I managed to store a good amount of energy...shortly after finishing my session, I felt encased in a warm glow, and my dream recall was above average for the night. This is quite an exciting development for me, as even though I've felt energy movement sensations I've never gotten results quite like this before.

Blog Entries

I use a black hole. I imagine it sucking in all stagnant energy that sits in my system and upsets it. I move this around, but it can also with a bit of imagination and concentration be expanded to influence the whole body.

Oliver

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I've used the vaccuum technique a few times now, and woo, it is indeed effective. I want to try the black hole thingie now too.

Blog Entries

It's fun and it's really a strange feeling to feel it working.

Oliver

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    It's fun and it's really a strange feeling to feel it working.
    Semi-related to what I was saying about black holes in another thread a few days ago... IMO they can be viewed as a powerful natural expression of the Destroyer archetype. Said archetype can really help stir up / break up / suck up anything stagnant. I've actually known people who were pretty striking real-life expressions of that archetype -- at their best, just talking to them had an uncanny way of stirring up things in my system that needed to get moving, but I may not have thought of otherwise. They weren't always doing it consciously, either; it was pretty fascinating. Of course, at its worst, that archetype isn't so fun or productive, lol... but yeah, as a conscious tool, it can be a great thing.

Blog Entries

at its worst, that archetype isn't so fun or productive, lol... but yeah, as a conscious tool, it can be a great thing.
    Think of it as the ass-end of a white hole.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.