Thread: Looking for some insight and guidance

Looking for some insight and guidance

Hello there,

I apologize if this is not in the right thread. Please move it if need be.

I am close the end of the 2nd week of MAP, and have been doing the first and second cd of the Gateway Experience Wave 1 for almost a week.

With the Focus 10 is what is really getting question marks from me.

I have been easily with the first 2 cd's in the Wave 1 and with alittle effort just on my own been able to get far enough into Focus 10 to the point that I am getting almost total sleep in my arms/legs and forehead and head area. Some of the feelings when I get this far is that I have an intense pressure on the back of scalp area to the right(its enough I feel that something is going to push through my skull and enter my brain at any moment), some hypnasomething imagery..and thats about it.

I am having a terrible problem getting my eyes to fall alseep, I wear a blindfold to help with letting them relax, but with all the relaxation and stuff naturally progressing in my head, I can relax them and think, ok, thats done..but before i know it they are moving with my body awareness as I "watch" the sensations in my body..

I feel the eye thing is a deffinate hurdle I need to cross. From my lack of experience past this point I can only think that it may be something to do with where I am at with my mind?? When I start seeing the hypna(o)? images I get apprehensive because of my desire not to get sucked into a dream and pull back from them..

Any help at all would be welcome..

Blog Entries

Re: Looking for some insight and guidance

Hi Donnie.
    I am having a terrible problem getting my eyes to fall alseep, I wear a blindfold to help with letting them relax, but with all the relaxation and stuff naturally progressing in my head, I can relax them and think, ok, thats done..but before i know it they are moving with my body awareness as I "watch" the sensations in my body..
    I had similar problems when I started doing energy work, and it was resolved by doing the work in complete darkness with my eyes open. Pretty soon it stopped happening, and if it does occasionally, I just let it happen and ignore it. It really does not interfere with my projection ability.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Ok,

I can see where practicing this way could help alot, so I will be using it. Also after looking through the forums so more on meditation and trance, and just reading up on various things here, I feel that maybe even though I meditated to some degree growing up, that I am not really letting my mind go and just rolling with it and relaxing my body and mind. hehe..a tinge of excitment with OOBE'ing/AP and learning and trying to feel everything that is going on =) may have to many gears turning. Still have the apprehension of falling asleep, but I am starting to think that the risk is worth the reward and am just going to have to go with it till I can get better control through lots of practice.

Thank You!,

Donnie Jason

Keep doing what youre doing

I have and/or had almost all the problems you are having. Just stay persistent in your resolve and do not waiver. One thing you might try is a mantra. A mantra is a phrase or set of phrases that mean something to you that you repeat over and over again to keep your concentration. Something like "Mind awake, body asleep", like that. Keep it short and sweet and say it repetitively over and over again and form a rythym while saying it. Let it flow out and youll find sooner than later youll be entering a trance. Dont spend too much thought on this, just be an observer as it happens. If your eyes open, fixate on a single point and keep your gaze there. Sooner or later your eyelids will get heavy and close again as you get deeper into trance. Give whatever mantra you form a special meaning and intent behind it. Good luck!

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own. -Adam Sessler

Thanks for the advice,

My Focus 10 and 12 are progressing from using wave 1 and wave 2, as of late I have been able to (with the cd's) to drift into a deeper trance and moving right on past the problem area I was having after a few minutes. The more I get to experience the deeper trances, the easier its getting. In a week or so I will start using the MAP Hemi-syncs and a few others I have with Theta on them to practice guiding myself to F10 and F12. I enjoy Robert Monroe's sessions, but I am to the point I would like to spend more time in the deeper trances to expand my awareness in them as I am progressing with everything else.

Guiding myself I may very well have to use a soothing chant for awhile if I start hitting that trouble spot again.

-DJH