Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The reason behind Astral Projection

A place where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

The reason behind Astral Projection

Why do you attempt Astral Projection?
    What fire keeps you going after a series of failed attampts?
    What is there that is supposed to be achieved?
    That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die.

Ouroboros Guest

Re: The reason behind Astral Projection

I desire to succeed in Astral Projection as part of a personal exploration process. I want to discover for myself whether there is reason to believe there is more to existence than our physical reality. Succeeding in Astral Projection will not only give me the first key in this mystery, it will give a platform from which to perform further experiments concerning the nature of existence and my place in it.

Right now, even attempting an out of body experience is a long ways away. In my pursuit of experiential knowledge I've come across many other fascinating aspects of "spirituality" that I'm currently exploring - primarily energy work and altered states of consciousness. It has also opened the door to deeper introspection and forced action in certain areas of my life that needed dealing with. My experiences thus far have been difficult but promising. I still can't say whether or not I believe there's actually such a thing as the astral realm or multidimensional existence, but I am open to the possibility that such things are true and am actively experimenting in order to determine if that is indeed the case.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hastor
    Why do you attempt Astral Projection?
    Because I can.
    What fire keeps you going after a series of failed attampts?
    Originally it was a combination of knowing that a spontaneous process could be 'tamed', and knowing others had done it, so if they could, why couldn't I?
    What is there that is supposed to be achieved?
    Not so much achieved- but 'What Is There' is 'The Big Picture'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Jaco Guest

I'm too lazy to give it a serious go...
    I'm not so desperately motivated either...
    But projecting while awake is on my "to do" list...

Blog Entries

Moved it from 'Success Stories', for obvious reasons.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros

Right now, even attempting an out of body experience is a long ways away. In my pursuit of experiential knowledge I've come across many other fascinating aspects of "spirituality" that I'm currently exploring ... It has also opened the door to deeper introspection and forced action in certain areas of my life that needed dealing with. My experiences thus far have been difficult but promising.
    same goes for me.
    the intent to learn wake induced AP has taken a back seat, there's so much more to learn about.. besides, when the time is right i'm sure i will feel the urge to focus on it.
    for now the spontaneous APs and lucid dreams give me plenty to focus on.. and that pile of books i have still to get thru...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Deliberate AP has kind of taken a backseat for me too; I started out with an interest in metaphysics based on AP, but other areas of development and experience ended up being more pressing for me. I'm hoping to swing back around to AP sooner than later, but... we shall see I s'pose.

The main reason it still really appeals to me, is because it represents total freedom and endless opportunity for exploration. Freedom is one of my highest ideals, and being able to travel anywhere in the multiverse, meet and communicate with beings from all over, learn and have a blast doing it, sounds like a fun way to expand one's perspective in a way similar to how physical travel, and the advent of the internet have done. So for me it's about learning, experience and the unbridled ability to do both in whatever way I choose.

SP3 Guest

Some benefits;

Freedom and feeling liberated - I don't know how many times I have gone through some tough times, or have been exhausted and had an astral travel that completely energized me and made me feel refreshed. Those are my favorite types, although rare.

Learning - there is much to learn about ourselves and the nature of reality, I was taught how to pray, telepathy, surrender, detachment, overcoming fear, and the nature of the astral world and beings it is comprised of.

Experience - I can say that it is very addictive once you start to experience it a few times, your hooked. With both the good and the bad, because the experiences are always unique. I rarely repeat the same thing twice or come across the same encounters, it is simply rich with activity and experiences.

I think Adventure, is the key word, and has helped me allot in my waken life.

A place where everything is beautiful and nothing hurts.

i remember reading in one of Bruce's books that you should not tak any preconceived notions of belief with you into the Astral Realms.
    What has Astral Projection affected your belief structure?
    I ask this because to tell the truth i have a hard time finding the truth in life and part of my reason for attempting astral projection is
    to find some idea of the nature of reality.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die.

SP3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hastor
    i remember reading in one of Bruce's books that you should not tak any preconceived notions of belief with you into the Astral Realms.
    What has Astral Projection affected your belief structure?
    I ask this because to tell the truth i have a hard time finding the truth in life and part of my reason for attempting astral projection is
    to find some idea of the nature of reality.
    When I said the nature of reality, I meant the reality of the astral world, and the waken one. I don’t know the ultimate truth behind it all, but little truths with different things. Based on my perception of reality before astral traveling, which I had no idea existed. You know, the common everyday stuff.

Example;

I would experience telepathy in a borderline state, feeling it at a specific part of my head (back left side). Later on, in my philosophy class, we had an exercise in telepathy, I got 5 out of 5 right, which 1 out of 5 I knew the sender was thinking about something else at the time...how I did it was by looking to that part of my head and clearing my mind, whatever jumped in that wasn't mine was someone else’s. Meditation helps in seeing it more clearly, but like all things you need to practice.

As far as finding truth, I learned to ask in a different way. More about my truth and reason for existing, and although I may learn pieces to the puzzle, I believe it is never completely solved because if it was you may miss the way to get there. Awareness has its pros and cons.

If this helps, sincerity and practice is pretty rewarding, prayer has been the most important thing I have learned coming full circle…I found all I needed to know and more than I wanted to know.

P.S. allot of what I am talking about occurred 16 years ago when I was most active. I was introduced to it by my philosophy teacher, but only told me how and not what to expect. I then was self taught. I didn't have any books to read, or internet to Google the subject on. I would have been in heaven having a forum like this, growing up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast