Thread: Rope method confusion

Rope method confusion

I've tried the rope method twice with no success and I have a few question. Firstly, I'm not sure what it means to imagine climbing a rope without visualizing the rope. Am I supposed to imagine myself actually climbing a physical rope with my eyes closed, or do I imagine the feeling of the rope and the strain of the muscles without visualizing a rope? How do I do that without visualizing my arms? Also, when I'm imagining myself climbing the rope, what direction do I climb in? I have been trying laying down. Do I climb toward the ceiling or in the direction my head is pointing? If toward the ceiling, do I imagine my body staying parallel to the floor as I lift, or do I imagine myself lifting to perpendicular as I climb? Also, do I imagine myself climbing upward, or pulling the rope downward? Last question - Where above my body is the rope supposed to be centered? Thanks in advance for reading my questions. I think that my biggest problem is that I'm unsure about exactly how this is supposed to work and that I constantly change while I'm trying. If you can answer these questions for me, I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.

Re: Rope method confusion

G'day,

Imagine and 'feel' the rope. Its okay if you visualize (visualization is imagination; they are same) the rope, so long as you 'feel' yourself climbing it.

If you are on your back in bed, climb towards the ceiling. If sitting, climb as if you were using a rope to pull yourself into a standing position. Do what feels natural for the position you are in at the time.

Imagine you are climbing upwards, that your body is moving out of your physical body. As you do this, imagine that your perspective is changing, as it would if you actually moved from where your physical body is resting.

Vary your obe exit method many times during an obe exit. Vary every 10 or 20 seconds.

Do what feels natural for the position you are in at the time.

The whole point of rope is to imagine and 'feel' yourself climbing out of your body. When you do this, your perspective of the room changes, and you hold awareness of your physical body below or behind you. This causes a shift in body awareness, a spacial dislocation, of you believing and feeling your self existing at a point outside your physical body. This is what makes Rope work.

Robert