Thread: Please help interpret

sono Guest

Please help interpret

I've had several dreams lately of big birds, turkey/swan- sized - beautiful creatiures with soft, downy feathers - they come & flock around me, wanting to be stroked - last night there was a really strange bird that put its head down so I could scratch its neck - I was sitting semi-lucid, on an island - & told someone that it was like a "royal turkey" (!) {which is a direct translation of pavo real, = peacock}

Do birds have any special meaning that anyone knows of, please? I can't find anything on the net that resonates with me. . . .also dreamed recetnly of 3 dead blackbirds & I reverently placed one in a bowl of some sort of powder

Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

Re: Please help interpret

Am I remembering correctly that some time ago (few months?) you had a spiritual experience where you were in the presence of Spirit (Source?) and you asked something about a goose in a duck's body or similar? Or is that someone else I'm thinking of?

Birds can have lots of meanings, but they are often associated with Spirit (God, Source, whatever). The goddess Athena has a holy owl, the swan is associated with Apollo and Artemis (their father, Zeus, took the form of a swan to get close to their mother, the nymph Leto), the dove is associated with the Holy Spirit, as is the wild goose... I'm sure there are others, these are just the ones that immediately leap to my mind.

Also, birds can do one thing that fascinates humans and always has: they can fly. Flying is a very powerful metaphor for spirituality.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sono
    I dozed off last Saturday afternoon for a few minutes, & suddenly projected towards a bright, white light - something I've always wanted to do! I had the impression that I was invited to ask it something, & this is what I came up with: "If one took a duck and translated it into a goose's body, would it affect the length of the neck?"
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11460

Oliver

Blog Entries

I've had several dreams lately of big birds, turkey/swan- sized - beautiful creatiures with soft, downy feathers - they come & flock around me, wanting to be stroked - last night there was a really strange bird that put its head down so I could scratch its neck
    = "getting in touch with spirit"? (in line with what OW said)

The offer seems to be initiated by the other side. So you are invited, a friendly offer. The beauty might represent also "higher", as beauty is often described as "elevating". Also "flying birds" => flight => elevation / ascension?

Do birds have any special meaning that anyone knows of, please? I can't find anything on the net that resonates with me. . . .also dreamed recetnly of 3 dead blackbirds & I reverently placed one in a bowl of some sort of powder
    Aren't blackbirds a sign of bad luck? So "dead blackbirds" = "past bad luck" or "past misery". Death is the end of something, also a sign of transition. Your interaction could mean that you are part of this process. By placing one of the birds in a bowl this could mean "I am finishing with part of my past misery".

Three, besides being a mystical number, could also denote that you already dealt with part of it and you have more work to do. Alternatively it could mean "For every problem I deal with several problems are solved.", possibly by grace. Like being supported by spirit - one step you take comes down to three steps advancement through being carried by grace?

Oliver

Blog Entries

From http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamthemes/birds.htm:

Bird

To dream of a chirping and/or flying birds, represents joy, harmony, ecstasy, balance, and love. It denotes a sunny outlook in life. You will experience spiritual freedom and psychological liberation. It is almost as if a weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

To dream of dead or dying birds, foretells a period of coming disappointments. You will find yourself worrying over problems that are constantly on your mind.

To see bird eggs in your dream, symbolizes money.

To see birds hatching in your dream, symbolizes delayed success.

To see a bird nest in your dream, symbolizes independence, refuge and security. You need something to fall back on. Alternatively, it may signify a prosperous endeavor, new opportunities, and fortune. TOP

Blackbird

To see a blackbird in your dream, is a bad omen, bringing about misfortune for you in the coming weeks. It also signifies your lack of motivation and that you are not utilizing your full potential. Alternatively, it represents jealousy.

To see a flying blackbird in your dream, signifies good fortune.
    Peacock

To see a peacock in your dream, represents spring, birth, new growth, longevity, and love. It is a good omen, signaling prestige, success and contentment in your relationship and career. Alternatively, the peacock signifies pride, confidence and vanity. You may be showing off too much or are overly arrogant with your success and achievements.

sono Guest

Omigosh, thank you so much for the responses, OlderWiser & Korpo! - I had actually completely forgotten about the goose question in the astral. . I've printed it all out & am going home now to think it over carefully. Thanks again!
    All the best

Noelle