Beekeeper, i cant agree with you more. Yes there may be allot the book has to offer but it will still fall short on some things. Thats why you should try to make your own interpretations.I am a student of the silva mind control method, i dont know if you are too, but i remember reading a post that you quoted from jose silva.
I'm not but I did the free mini-course and read a couple of his books. I like the basic guided meditation/relaxation audio that comes with the free course and one of his books. My 11 year old likes it too when he has trouble relaxing a t bedtime.

I find dream-programming a particularly useful tool. You still have to apply analysis, of course, but it's very good for self-development and guidance. A few nights ago I programmed for a life purpose dream and had a funny dream about repairing/replacing broken and damaged doors. I was really enthusiastic about it. I distinctly remember pride in two Saloon type doors with polished wood. When I think about "doors" as a metaphor, "doors of perception", I can see a meaning. Life purpose in terms of better understanding and helping others to better understand reality, perhaps. Or helping other to open "doors of opportunity" and doing the same for myself, pursuing new experiences.