Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lost Faith... Just LD's ?

BaKo Guest

Lost Faith... Just LD's ?

Hey. As I have been reading lately about LD's, I realize that nearly everything in an OBE is the same in an LD... and the "reality flunctuations" could simply just be parts of your dream. Can anyone somehow reaffirm for me that they are different things, and describe some differences? I want to believe, but I just can't right now...

Re: Lost Faith... Just LD's ?

For me, Ld happen when I'm asleep and OBEs happen when I'm awake.

Besides that, I don't think there's much difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BaKo
    Hey. As I have been reading lately about LD's, I realize that nearly everything in an OBE is the same in an LD... and the "reality flunctuations" could simply just be parts of your dream. Can anyone somehow reaffirm for me that they are different things, and describe some differences? I want to believe, but I just can't right now...
    Why do you need them to be different things? When you get validations (and I think we all do from time to time) you know you're getting information from a source that isn't the five senses.
    I'm not a big fan of 'belief'- sure, it makes it easier to accept experiences for what they are, but they also make you expect specific things that may not apply to your person. So, I say chuck away belief and rely on your experiences.
    The difference between an OBE, LD and Phasing are just technicalities-why get hung up on them?

Now, if you were asking how to tell the difference between a subconscious/personal brain process and a collective astral experience, then I'd have something to say.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Now, if you were asking how to tell the difference between a subconscious/personal brain process and a collective astral experience, then I'd have something to say.
    oh, go on then..
    if only for the purpose of having a decent description of the differences, for those all too frequent moments when i'm trying to explain it to my "normal" friends...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    if only for the purpose of having a decent description of the differences, for those all too frequent moments when i'm trying to explain it to my "normal" friends...
    You are a brave soul. Braver than me, anyway.

But if you insist:
    Your brain processes information. That's what it does. The information can come from various sources- the senses, and memories.
    Memories (according to conventional theories) come from sensory perception. However, esoteric theory postulates that memories can also come from extrasensory sources.

A projection is your consciousness immersing itself in an environment. We don't know if this environment is local or nonlocal, we just know that when we think and dream we are immersed in an 'inner' experience. This experience is mediated by the brain, whether an OBE or dream. The subconscious is usually the mediating part of the mind that is usually the observer, but occasionally the conscious mind is present and aware when we go through this immersion experience.
    If we're lucid, the experience can be called an astral projection or a lucid dream. Phasing is a method to achieve an astral projection without experiencing an out of body experience.
    In OBE theory, there is no essential difference between AP and having a lucid dream. What we can say about it, is that the astral projection has collective elements in it, which can be shared by others when we're having the experience. A lucid dream in essence is the same experience, but the elements in it are personal and symbolic. You can usually find something symbolic (that is, controlled by the subconscious who communicates in symbols) that pertains to your daily life. An astral projection may have symbolic elements in it, but they are usually verified by others as places they've been to. I would describe these places/people as archetypal representations of the collective unconscious.
    Phasing is a way to have an AP. It is probably the same technique as WILD, or similar enough to pass for the same thing.
    An Out of Body Experience is a projection like the above described, but has a few differences in the quality of the experience.
    It is immersive, but the environment is usually local (or close to local) and the reality fluctuations can be caused by 360-degree vision (so they're not really reality fluctuations, they are more like location discrepancies) and the other type of common fluctuation has to do with 'openings' or 'gateways' which are archetypal, and as such could be explained as symbolic representation of 'switching' locales or modes of experience. Other fluctuations seem to be caused by the subconscious, and I'd call them 'dream intrusions'.
    About the most obvious difference from the OBE and the AP is the exit- an OBE has a predictable separation process, which can change, but the experience of 'exiting the body' is unmistakeable for anything that can happen while 'awake'.
    A nonlucid dream sounds like it would be easy to categorize, but lots of dreams end up being predictive, so even that is dubious.

So I consider all of them projections, the contents determine what kind.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Excellent! cheers CF!
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil
    You are a brave soul. Braver than me, anyway.
    I don't know about brave. i've never had a problem standing up and saying whatever i feel, often getting me in trouble in the past, actually. but not always..
    i remember standing in front of the "cool" guys at high school, they were all drunk, and taking the p*ss out of me, and everyone else having a good time at the school disco.
    i stood in front of them all, and told them they were all assholes! i thought for sure i'd get myself beaten up.
    in actuality, i think i earned some respect that night.

these days, i do enjoy challenging folk's concepts of reality.
    armed with knowledge based on experience, i have no problem suggesting there's more to it than what their 5 senses tell them.
    unfortunately they very rarely allow themselves to suspend their disbelief, or they bring up the tired old ♥♥♥♥♥ Challenge argument.

in fact, just the other day we had Holland's most respected statistician, Maurice de Hond, at my work, answering questions about the financial situation, politics etc.. it was a very interesting morning, he was talking about the global economy, and what'll likely happen if the people lose faith in their governments completely, a revolution of one sort or another being a very likely outcome.
    i told him about a recent poll taken in Britain, that said 48% of British folk believe in an "Intelligent Design" to the Universe, as opposed to the traditional creation stories of the popular religions, or the idea that chance evolution is all that happened.
    i asked him if he thought based on such statistics, the revolution he suggested as a probable future occurrence, might be of a spiritual nature.
    his answer jokingly avoided saying yes or no. "the politicians will definitely be praying!"

a couple of hours later, i overheard my director and a couple of the actors joking about " a spiritual revolution. hahaha.."
    i had to laugh to myself. they can mock all they want, so sure of what is.

sorry, tangent from the original thread..
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

star Guest

armed with knowledge based on experience, i have no problem suggesting there's more to it than what their 5 senses tell them.
    unfortunately they very rarely allow themselves to suspend their disbelief, or they bring up the tired old ♥♥♥♥♥ Challenge argument.
    Life is never the same after you meet someone that can pinch from a distance, or more.

Ouroboros Guest

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Life is never the same after you meet someone that can pinch from a distance, or more.
    I would imagine not! o.O

Hopefully they don't use their pinching powers for naughty purposes.

star Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    Quote Originally Posted by star
    I would imagine not! o.O

Hopefully they don't use their pinching powers for naughty purposes.
    I'd think so, if it wasn't just that much more fun when they do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast