Thread: Strange, Overwhelming Symbolism (?)

Strange, Overwhelming Symbolism (?)

I would be eternally grateful for any and all opinions regarding the following. I have a recently-developed theory, but will not bias you with it. Robert, I am still an initiate to your work but I have a great deal of respect for what you do; I have never understood how secular science can repeatedly condemn any idea not immediately adjacent to our current understanding while paradoxically allowing leeway to do things like pushing heroine as a cough suppressant in mail-order catalogs at the turn of the 20th century.

Preface: A dream from ~2 years ago (before I was into metaphysics), in which I was a toy metallic airplane (one of the least strange aspects) has stuck with me due to the out-of-the-ordinary nature and the OOBE vibration that kicked in when I 'died'. I am starting to see the symbolism of the dream piece together in my life, and would appreciate any interpretations thereof. I have never purposefully astrally projected, but I have done it (or lucid dreamed) accidentally a few times before this dream, and have been filled with irrational terror every time (making it short-lived).

Context: While I don't exactly remember the time I had this dream, it was before I was put on legal probation. A ~freshman in college, I took life pretty easy and was uninitiated to any of these ideas although I knew a little about astral projection and attributed the vibration to something along those lines. Now, ~2 years later, I am no longer on probation; I work 20-30hrs/wk as a project manager at a software development company while going to school full time (quite stressful).

• I am a toy metallic airplane (like the ones from WW2) in a log cabin.
    • The walls between the rooms are ~10ft thick.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • At the top-center of each wall, ~2ft from the top, is a ~1x1ft square tunnel to the next room.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I don't think there was anything strange about the room furnishings.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • Everything is hazy and kind of 'blue' looking.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • The tunnels in each wall formed a 'race track' circuit.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I was in a race against other toy metallic airplanes.

In one room was this demon.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • It has slough-mottled, slick, tight, grey/putrid scab-yellow colored skin.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • Roughly the size of a human, it had a round, bulbous body and ~1.5 inch-thick, long, spindly arms and legs.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • It had the head of a triceratops (without the horns, and the plate was a bit more vertical) and a sneer on its face.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • It was somehow standing on top of a rocking chair in the corner of the room (but not having trouble balancing)[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • It was the only non-plane entity I saw.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I had the innate understanding that this demon was my 'coach' for this race I was in.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • It had a rod (wand?) in its left hand that it was gesticulating with in a 'suprring on' kind of motion.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I had the understanding that it was intentionally spurring me to go faster, beyond my ability, in an effort to get me to break.

So, I break down during the race and skid to a stop in the middle of one of the tunnels between the rooms.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • The other planes continue to fly over me, and I soon get this premonition of their malice against me.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • The planes begin to dip slightly as they pass over me, each one progressively lower.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • Finally, one dips low enough to hit me on the ground; however, predicting this, I somehow 'jump' vertically to avoid it (no physical mechanism, I just moved up and down)[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • In this way I avoid a couple more attempts to hit me before another plane collides with me just as I hit the floor of the tunnel again...

As soon as the plane hits my metallic body, my awareness stays fixed while my body goes clamoring off, out of the tunnel. [/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • When this happens, the 'full body intense vibration' I have come to associate with lucid dreaming/astral projecting kicks in.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I had the instinctual knowledge that I was now dead, and was filled with absolute terror.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • One all-consuming thought was now stuck in my mind: "I have to get out of here!" combined with the terror feeling I have felt every time I have 'astrally projected'

Disembodied, I fly out of the tunnel into one of the rooms.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • On the opposite wall, I see a window; outside, nothing but black void.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I somehow know that I must escape through this window.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I swoop down into the room, angling up towards the window to go through it.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • Right before I get to the window, I am suddenly and unexpectedly halted (no inertia, felt like I was 'seized')[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • "Oh Crap" was my only thought as I slowly began being pulled down towards the floor.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • I had this understanding that I was going to be pulled beneath the floor, and that wherever I was going was a place I really, REALLY did not want to go.[/*:m:1djwhnza]
    • Right before being pulled through the floor, I woke up.[/*:m:1djwhnza]

Re: Strange, Overwhelming Symbolism (?)

G'day,

The end of this experience, where you were stopped and pulled backwards and then into your body, show this may have been an astral or dream experience.

The metaphor here would seem to be, 'don't run before you can walk, or you'll fall' concerning spiritual development.

Also, something to do with flying, airplanes, or travel, would be indicated.

Robert