Quote Originally Posted by faceoff85
I have no idea what kind of headphones to use
I use a set of TDK NC-100 earphones. Small, fold up, not too expensive. Some people insist that you have to have super expensive earphones, but I've not found that to be the case. Maybe for very high and very low frequencies that might be the case, but for pretty much everything I do, these are fine.

I've tried a couple of presets in i-doser and neuroprogrammer 2 (like 3 or 4 times) with earplug design headphones. except for a light trance (wich I have little trouble reaching by myself) I didn't get alot of results.
Well, it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're doing something like working with a chronic pain condition, it can take some time for changes to become evident. If you're trying to induce an alpha state, that might be immediate. Personally, I don't like earbuds, but I'm told that the high end ones are as good as earphones.

another thing I'm worried about is my age. i'm 23 but I've read that my age can have a negative influence when trying to achieve OBE since some sites explain that young people have a stronger magnetic connection between their astral and physical body wich would make an OBE harder to achieve.
There are plenty of people who have been having spontaneous OBEs since childhood. I don't understand the magnetic connection thing. That doesn't make any sense to me at all, but, hey, I'm no expert on magnetic connections between the astral and physical body.

I do recommend energy work, though, for developing your energy body and your awareness of your energy body. That will help with OBEs and plenty of other things.

My basic recommendations are: energy work, meditation, a decent set of earphones (they don't have to be super expensive, in my experience). Start from there, keep at it, and it'll unfold on its own.

By the way, welcome.