Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: interested in MAP as a tribe?

reality.failure Guest

interested in MAP as a tribe?

would anyone like to join me for a 90 day trip around the astral universe?

i've started the journey once before and only made it to day 9!
    i'll admit i'm not the most commited person in the world and for this reason, i'd like to begin the journey all over again with one or two future Astral Projectionists (or more if there is enough interest).

i assume it'll be easier to stick to if there is a few of us with common goals and can share success or frustrations with each other. we don't have to know each other on a personal level to make this journey, we are setting out to discover more about ourselves and our place in this universe, not each other. so don't be shy, just trust in yourself that this skill can be mastered and prove it to yourself in 90 days!

if you're interested in starting your quest over again from day one leave a message here.

open for discussion: strategies, journal keeping ideas, time-frame etc.

r.f

Moogle_Assassin Guest
    I was in a MAP group before, it was great. we got alot farther in the book than any of us had alone. for somereason everyone just stoped showing up at the fourm. i would like to be in another one though.

Nazerel Guest
    I'm afraid I was a part of that ill fated group as well. I even put up the forum. I would like to try again, as my reason for failing was my health(wisdom teeth problems), which is now rectified, thankfully.

So yeah, I can recreate the forum in a new format, and do all organization stuff stuff again.

Ill join.

reality.failure Guest
    awesome!!

so we are ready to do this!

Nazerel
    , it would be great if you could recreate the forum again if it isn't too much trouble. if it is too much hassle, there are other options we can go with such as blogger.com, tribe.net etc.

let us know how you go with the forum.

i definately think we'll need that little corner of cyberspace commited to our MAP journey so no distractions tempt us away from our goals.

Moogle_Assassin, BrettB - Hi!!
    glad to see you guys would like to face this challenge also. i never expected so many replies...it's great!

how many people do you all think we should have in the tribe? personally, i'd feel comfortable with around 5 or 6. i've been in dream teams before and feel like that is a good number to aim for.

also, how far along did you guys get in your last team?

Well i have no idea what this tribe is going to be like, as I have not been in one before.

Is it like a group that chats everday about MAP, throughout all the days?

By the way i have a pretty busy lifestyle and I can only get on the computer about 2 hours on week days, but plenty on weekends.

reality.failure Guest
    well, i've had experience with dream teams before (http://sealife.dreamofpeace.net) and what we'd do is every day or a few times a week at the absolute minimum, post your most memorable dreams.

it doesn't have to be every dream. sometimes i used to remember 7 a night, other times none for over a week! depending on how busy i was with real life i either posted as much detail as i could remember or just a brief one or two lines of each dream, enough so i could recall it myself when reading it again in the future. i'd keep a written journal too with little notes, drawings, affirmations etc.

after getting to know each other you find it easy to comment on each others dreams and experiences with ease. this isn't totally necessary for MAPping, it's good to have some feedback on your dreams but the MAP doesn't focus on sharing your dream experiences. the focus seems to be on discovering your own dreams and getting inside your head enough so you understand where the dreams are coming from.

i guess it's totally up to the individual how much they share about their dreaming life. i think the tribe will focus on experiences brought on by the MAP journey. there are the daily exercises to do, so we could discuss techniques with each other...share our opinions and report our results we achieved. i know in my short experience with MAPping last time i experienced intense dreaming due to the relaxation exercises and really obvious HH and myoclonic jerks (which i hadn't experienced for months prior).

you'll get out of it what you put into it, the tribe will be for sharing as much or as little as you feel comfortable with. i just think it would be incredible to come out of the 90 day experience having AP at will!! that is my aim.

Ohh sounds very good, I was thinking it would be us doing MAP day by day together and that would be hard due to schedules.
    I like the idea how its 5 people getting to realize one another from all diffrent perspectives, which could help tons.

Im definetly in!

reality.failure Guest

yeh, we can't be too strict following the exact 90 day regime.

even the authors admit it's easy to miss a day here or there and pick up from where you left off again as long as the gap hasn't been too long. at least as a team we will be able to offer encouragement and support for each other so the journey will be easier to travel.

*excited now*

Nazerel Guest
    The forum, as it stands now, is located at:

http://www.areani.net/forum/

I'll need to fix it up, but that's the address in the meantime. I may try a different format than the last time. I don't know yet, I'll have to think about it some more.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast