Thread: Maintaining attention and high-pitched noise

Ascendant Guest

Maintaining attention and high-pitched noise

There are a couple issues that I'd like to ask questions about.

The first one is this noise I heard as I was doing the reverse rope exit technique. At the time I had almost fallen asleep, when this noise--which was not a physical noise, but rather heard only in my head--caught my attention. It's hard to describe. It sounded like "vaSHING..." except much higher pitched. It was more of a tone than a sound. Any ideas on what this might have been?

The second question I have is about maintaining concentration while doing an exit technique for 20 minutes. Sometimes nothing will happen at all for a long time, so I'll quit 5-10 minutes before I'm supposed to. Climbing a rope in your head for 20 minutes can get pretty dang boring. Does anyone have any tips for maintaining interest, concentration, or focus on the techniques?

Blog Entries
    I've heard all kinds of astral noises- screeches, mechanincal noises like a radio, voices, explosions, pops, and the famous chainsaw (only upon exit), whoosh, but no va-shing. Hmm.

I don't know about you, but I don't even start to do an exit technique until I feel 'loose' and 'floaty'. But that's just me. If I'm not still there I just sit and look at the pictures in front of my eyes. Then, if I'm floaty I'll move on to try to exit. But if I do it before I feel it, then it's just a waste of my time.
    HOWEVER, everybody's different and different things work for different people.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

BriMercer Guest
    Excellent advice, CFTraveler.

Key for a successful OBE exit is to master that mind awake/body asleep state. That can be a tall order and it's not always that exciting. Regular meditation practice using slight discomfort is helpful in this regard, even if you only practice five or ten minutes a day.

Blog Entries
    It's okay to vary exit techniques too.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)