Thread: Was this a OBE while I wasn't trying?

1. Was this a OBE while I wasn't trying?

At my childhood and since couple of years ago while I wasn't trying to do an OBE, I was having a feeling of falling down from my bed. This was ocuring 2-3 times a week. I was a little bit aware of what OBE is but wasn't trying. The feeling was happening while I'm near to sleep. As an habit I always make some scenarios when I'm lying for sleeping. I'm visualizing some scenarios which I want to live or see in my dreams. This is happening while these scenarios are getting out of my control (I think I'm starting to dreaming). For a short time (1 seconds) I feel that I'm falling from my bed and this high feeling makes me open my eyes reflexively. As I open my eyes I see myself still lying on the bed with really in comfort the high feeling of falling is gone immediately. Can this be a non-consequence OBE?
    Since my child ages I like the topics of spirits, astral dimensions, paranormal activities etc. Earlier that ages I wasn't really understanding whats really going on but these topics was always on my mind. Thanks to the internet that now the information is much closer
    Anyway, I started trying consequence OBE since 1 year. But my house was not quite enough to do any trance or relaxing enough. Now I've moved to a really quite house. Nights are quiet here, and I'm gonna start trying again.
    This is my first post and I'm writing too much I know but I got lots of things I wanna share and ask.

My friends sees me as a very connected man to the spiritual world (while I don't think that way). When I tell my dreams to them sometimes they get shocked. Maybe I'm having some OBE's that I cannot remember but I have seen some third-eye images while not in trance and somewhat they actually happens later days. They are really some basic images. Ofcourse I dont see anyone dying and later days they die But one day while I was really tired and need to sleep but still playing a computer game I've seen a man in my vision. He was staring at me. I've closed my eyes and opened again and have a deep breath the vision was gone, it was a short vision. After a month later I saw that man at a taxi cab. I was thrilled, and wondering what was going on. Later I've said to my self that that was a chance, a happenstance, not a third-eye vision. But now I have all the information available about these topics, I'm reading a lot, I just can say, maybe?
    And about another thing happens to me. I sometimes hear some real life sounds or voices while I'm about to sleep. I hear my wife calling me while she is watching TV at the other room. I'm opening my eyes again because of that voice and calling back "yes hun?". and she says that she didn't called me but was thinking of calling me. Sometimes she scares of this, and because she scares I'm not reacting when I wakeup and hear things. Cos sometimes I'm waking her up and say "did u hear that sound coming from the bathroom?" she says no but after a few seconds something is actually falling at the bathroom and making noise. Stuff like this happens 1-2 times a month. But as I said I'm not reacting anymore not to scare her.

I'm ending my long long topic finally. Back to my question. Can the falling feeling be an OBE? and if it is an OBE how can I counteract my waking and opening my eyes? Cos sometimes its happening with really a hard falling feeling that I'm trying to use my hands and arm to protect myself from falling to a hard surface.

Thank you very much for this great resource, and sorry for my bed English and long topic.
    Don't lose you nerves.

Re: Was this a OBE while I wasn't trying?

G'day,

you are experiencing spontaneous OBE, yes.

The only way to solve the problem of you catching yourself is practice.

Learning how to induce an OBE solves most spontaneous OBE related problems. Even if you only have 1 deliberate OBE, everything settles down.

You also show signs of visual clairvoyance (I have this too, so I recognize the symptoms).

When you are tired, your OBE and clairvoyance abilities will increase dramatically.

As for noise, I suggest you get some small noise canceling headphones or earbuds. These are wonderful if you want silence.

You might like to take a look at my book, Astral Dynamics. If you don't like to read, then get the Mastering Astral Projection Audio Companion (a 6 CD set that talks you through everything).

Robert