Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Has a dream steered you in the wrong direction?

Blog Entries

Has a dream steered you in the wrong direction?

We often share our precognitive dreams on these forums and we seem to assume that dreams cannot be wrong. When the prediction fails, we possibly blame our interpretations.

I'm curious to know, have you had an experience where the dream's prediction was just incorrect? If so, were your subsequent actions based on your perception of how things would go only to find that you'd been misled?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Re: Has a dream steered you in the wrong direction?

I for one have never assumed dreams can't be wrong. especially disaster dreams. I do however think they show what my subconscious is thinking about. That's why every time I get what turns out to be a precog dream I just look back and wonder. Luckily, my dreams never ask me to do anything irrational or risky.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I've had dreams *try* to lead me in a bad direction. The other night Gehenna had a dream where I was attacked, and both of us had dreams following that where our lives were disrupted and taken in a pretty nasty direction. I woke up with damage to the part of myself she had dreamed about, and both of us were a bit uneasy about the remaining content since the first part had already come true.

Long story short I healed the damage, and we both did work to get rid of any implanted patterning and core image type stuff set to manifest the negative direction, as well as deliberately steering our course back to our preferred future full of blessings and fun surprises, and putting energy into what we DO want.

And that's pretty much my take on dreams like this -- yeah, if we were to put too much energy into them, they might manifest. But I don't view dreams, even good ones, as "predictive" per se... to me positive and negative dreams are both just a chance to reinforce my own intent, and reaffirm my chosen direction with my own navigation system. I don't worry so much about whether dream content is or is not going to happen, or what direction it would steer me in if I fed it -- I simply take the opportunity to redefine what *I* want to have happen. Although that said, I think more "normal" dreams can also tell you things about the road you're currently traveling, and if you don't like what they're telling you, you have time to "change lanes" before things hit the physical. I'm also open to the possibility of literal precog, "forseeing of event" type dreams, though I don't have any experience with that myself.

star Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    I've had dreams *try* to lead me in a bad direction. The other night Gehenna had a dream where I was attacked, and both of us had dreams following that where our lives were disrupted and taken in a pretty nasty direction. I woke up with damage to the part of myself she had dreamed about, and both of us were a bit uneasy about the remaining content since the first part had already come true.

Long story short I healed the damage, and we both did work to get rid of any implanted patterning and core image type stuff set to manifest the negative direction, as well as deliberately steering our course back to our preferred future full of blessings and fun surprises, and putting energy into what we DO want.

And that's pretty much my take on dreams like this -- yeah, if we were to put too much energy into them, they might manifest. But I don't view dreams, even good ones, as "predictive" per se... to me positive and negative dreams are both just a chance to reinforce my own intent, and reaffirm my chosen direction with my own navigation system. I don't worry so much about whether dream content is or is not going to happen, or what direction it would steer me in if I fed it -- I simply take the opportunity to redefine what *I* want to have happen. Although that said, I think more "normal" dreams can also tell you things about the road you're currently traveling, and if you don't like what they're telling you, you have time to "change lanes" before things hit the physical. I'm also open to the possibility of literal precog, "forseeing of event" type dreams, though I don't have any experience with that myself.
    I just had a dream where I was a female vampire, help me manifest it, now. *pouts*

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Alrighty.

*poof*

You suck.

*rimshot*

Blog Entries

Has anyone had a dream that seemed to augur success only to find it wasn't so?
    Williams)

All prophecy can be wrong. Its based on the current flow of things. These flows can be changed by intent or action. Its the most probable outcome if you will (assuming nothing unexpected changes).

Also, most are only able to see where the flow will lead without any magical acts. Being able to see the future that includes magical acts is much harder.

This is not to be confused with seeing the future. If you see the future, then it becomes part of your past and will come to be. A caveat here, the past can be changed too so it still might not happen but is vastly more likely.

Another thing that can happen is that what looks like prophecy is actually channeling. In those cases the prediction is only as good as where its being channeled from.

I use prophecy in a completely different way. I use it to alert me of possibilities. Sometimes I detect outcomes that I don't anticipate through normal thinking or even intuition. I seldom place any stock in prophecy telling me which outcome is actually going to happen. I am not subject to prophecy and I know it.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

My precog dreams aren't really like that. They're highly symbolic, for one thing, so there's an interpretation element that can throw a spanner in the works.

My earliest precog dreams were ones where I'd dream of being in some place, and then, at some point, I'd go the place, having never been there before. I still have those dreams on occasion, but it's rare now. What do they mean? Not much, really, other than giving me that deja vu feeling in a big way.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

slightly off topic, but this morning i dreamed of using my bank card to pay for something. in my mind, i knew my account was empty. (in real-life - it's the end of my salary month, and payday is supposed to be tomorrow)
    so i was thinking, "just try it, see what happens."
    i used the card and the payment went thru no problems.
    so today i was looking for something inexpensive to eat. i had 5 euro in my wallet. then i saw the bank machine, thought about the dream, then went over.
    sure enough, i've been paid a day early, so i had some yummy noodles and veggies from my fav chinese place near work.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

So cool when you can use your dream precognition in a practical way, Neil.

Still curious. Anyone ever ignored a precognitive dream and wondered what if?
    Williams)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast