Thread: Why can't I fly?

Why can't I fly?

Since I started studying OBEs several years ago, I haven't been successful yet, but I have found that I wake up in dreams more and more often. When I was younger, whenever I realized I was dreaming I would wake up imediately, but in the last several years I've been able to stay in the dreams and control them longer and longer.

Since as far back as I could remember, I've always wanted to fly. Therefore, everytime I realize I'm dreaming, the first thing I try to do is fly (well, sometimes I call out to my dead friend first but she never comes). I've found that I can jump high in the air, hover a moment and gently fall back down to the earth. I can't stay up. Everytime it's the same, with the exception of one night when I woke up in a dream at my old high school. I then ripped off a door from a classroom and jumped on, riding it like a majic carpet through the air. I realized that time that if I was holding something, I could fly, but it was had to control. I also climed a tree that time and used my mind to make it move across the field. What a fun ride that was! Towards the end of that adventure, I grabbed another door and was going to visit a friend. The wind started blowing me back from the direction I wanted to go, but I kept fighting it. By the time I realized I was going the wrong direction (which I figured was probably why the wind was trying to blow me in the right direction) I woke up.

Since then, I sometimes grab onto brooms or various other objects but haven't had the same success. I found I can walk on water though. That's always fun too.

Anyways, do you have any ideas on what might be weighing me down? I want to fly.
    ...but, I could be wrong.

Re: Why can't I fly?

G'day,

I explain this in Astral Dynamics, and in my online Treatise on OBE.

The gravity 'habit' holds you down. This comes from a lifetime of living with gravity....you get so used to it that it affects you during obe.

Practice is the only thing that helps. Realize its a habit and keep your mind off it, off gravity, and convince yourself that you can fly.

As for your friend, next time, make a command 'take me to ????' And then when you start moving, repeat this as a mantra, and you will arrive to visit with your friend in short order.

Robert