Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Energy Constructs

Re: Energy Constructs

Over all seems like a reasonable place to proceed from where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    The generator would draw in energy, using some to maintain itself, and sending the rest into the sub-navel storage center. If I remember right, RB says in "Energy Work" that it takes a long time to fill up the sub-navel storage center, and that overflow will go up into the next higher storage center.
    Often yes as long as the channel is open.

Your plan should address basic set up and development of your major energy system. Just a note, it does not address use and manipulation of that energy. I see no problem with that now, just something to keep in mind.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

The issue of refining your system and/or constructs to only take in what you want, vs. not letting in what you don't want (like negs or their attacks as pointed out by wstein) is one I've been focused on a lot lately, so I may be able to offer some input there.

I kept running into major compatibility issues, because any defense has to account for the fact that for every attack you don't want to let in, the attack itself probably contains an "ingredient" that some part of your system needs to function. Being too "defended" can shut you down just as effectively as any attack, as many forms of defense also shut down your senses and capabilities. So, I'm trying to come up with a set of basic "rules" for my defenses to operate by, but every defense would result either in me being too insulated, too vulnerable, keeping in too much of something, not letting in enough of something else, in various combinations.

The breakthrough there seemed to be in recognizing that all interactions can be broken down in terms of energy and information, being exchanged in various combinations. Both of those can be broken down further into what's actively sent from another entity with intent, vs. passively absorbed from your environment. From there it got much easier to define what I wanted to permit to enter my space under specific circumstances, and considering them separately solved the "too much / not enough / not the right kind" problem. In my experience its safe to say that negs are not capable of connecting with or sending love energy for instance, so I can use the capacity for love as a "password" of sorts for anything trying to engage with me.

Ouroboros Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Over all seems like a reasonable place to proceed from where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    The generator would draw in energy, using some to maintain itself, and sending the rest into the sub-navel storage center. If I remember right, RB says in "Energy Work" that it takes a long time to fill up the sub-navel storage center, and that overflow will go up into the next higher storage center.
    Often yes as long as the channel is open.

Your plan should address basic set up and development of your major energy system. Just a note, it does not address use and manipulation of that energy. I see no problem with that now, just something to keep in mind.
    I do have plans for use and manipulation for the energy, but those are sort of sketchy right now too. There are a couple of different directions I could take with it, and I haven't figured out yet which one I prefer. Some of the ideas are a little out there, but it's pretty entertaining to come up with them. I'm not worried about planning too far ahead, because the entire plot is sort of hinged on successfully building the generator.

Do you have any suggestions for addressing the set up and development of the major energy system?

The key is practice, practice, practice. I know you and others are pressed for time. Two 5 minute sessions a day with one hour long session per week should be enough to see steady progress. More than 1/2 hour a day average is probably a waste of time as you will just tire yourself out. When thinking of how much to do, treat it in the same way you do physical exercise.

If you can find an energy system that you like, start with that. Just don't get stuck on it. After you get the basic idea of one, add another system. A variety is more important than mastering a specific one for this part of the process. After you experience 3 or 4, you should start to get an idea about what works for you. Then you can drop the ones that don't appeal and focus on ones best suited to you.

I suggest building energy balls. This can be started with a minimum of energy and grow as you develop. They are easy to detect by various energy senses. In combination, this gives you a good way to measure your progress. The focus on using the energy rather than just gathering it is important. Energy needs to flow through your system not just into it.

Assuming you don't have a personal teacher, NEW is one of the better systems that you can read about. But if its not for you then don't do it. With the right teacher Tai Chi or Qi Gong (energy part, not herbal stuff) are also good starts. Be sure they will teach you about energy not just the physical exercises.

I would avoid studying hands on healing techniques (like Reike) for this purpose as they focus on the best way to heal another and gloss over personal energy development. FYI there's no conflict so no need to stop if you are already practicing healing.

Learning about chakras, meridians, and energy blocks (read up online or book) can provide some introductory material about how energy moves in the body.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Ouroboros Guest

Thank you for the excellent suggestions! I actually kind of enjoy NEW, so I'll probably start off with that one, as I've already done some of the basic awareness work and energy raising techniques. Regular practice has been my pitfall in the past, but I think I may be at a point where I can manage it; especially with your suggested schedule. I think the energy ball exercise will actually serve as a good motivator in itself - I'll have a stick with which to measure progress.

I would love to take Tai Chi, and plan to eventually, but for now I'm limited to what practices I can learn on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    I would avoid studying hands on healing techniques (like Reiki) for this purpose as they focus on the best way to heal another and gloss over personal energy development. FYI there's no conflict so no need to stop if you are already practicing healing.
    Reiki in particular can be used for self-treatments either hands-on or at-a-distance. It combines well with NEW, too.