Alright so I decided today to try and do an astral projection. I laid on my bed, flexing my muscles so I can have total body relaxation. My mind was going a million miles a minute for some reason today, but I was trying my best to calm myself down doing some breathing. So I was really relaxed and tried doing some energy work (full body circuit) and trying an exit technique, such as climbing the rope and rolling out. I am pretty good at visualizing and making myself believe that I am actually at that spot (i.e. facing the ground on the side of my bed or really super close to the ceiling). I got the feelings of my heart going a million miles a minute and some pressure around my throat, but then it all kind of slowly disappeared. I didnt want to admit it being unsuccessful quite yet, so I still stayed in that same position trying to still do exit techniques. Nothing much sensation wise was happening, but I remember once kind of losing conscious for a second and then regained it. All of a sudden starting near my feet was like my body slowly started to paralyze from the feet up. I remember reading about like a blanket of warmth or heaviness, and it was just like that. It gave me a second wind to try the exit technique and focus on clearing my mind. I remember vaguely something that sounded like if you walked into a large room and there was people there, and they were all kind of murmuring, and I remembered about people could be saying your name and all, which is what it sounded like, but I knew this was nothing to fear so I kept on trying. ...but after awhile nothing really happened, so I decided to return to my normal state of mind, but took it as a good session since I have never experienced that weird paralyzing sensation nor that crowd murmuring noise.
Can anyone explain to me how close I was in my session and what were the sensations/sounds I was experiencing? Thanks