a friend of mine gave me the cd companion set. They are brilliant. They really are a complement to the book. I tried it yesterday for the first time, listened to cd6 and just relaxed. I was in a deep relaxation state much faster than if I had to go through the steps myself and listen to the brainwave generator. it was amazing, no internal thought...ideal.
I've just tried it again now, cd5 then cd6 just to give myself plenty of time to have this body asleep state.....
one thing that makes the difference is when the voice says that you have to pull the cord and climb up up...pull, pull... when I used to do it, I was focussing so much on details and my position with respect to my body that it took me a long time each time I was pulling the cord, I was having a lot of internal talks as well....with no result and no feelings whatsoever.
when I listened to the cd and realized that I had to go much faster ... that made a huge difference (and it's dead tiring !). I didn't manage to leave the body but I had some kind of sensations.
I still have a problem with tension though and I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I've just laid there for an hour just focussing on my breathing. I did some relaxation before starting. I was also going down the lift.
when cd6 started. I was really really relaxed and had no internal thoughts. The problem comes when I have to climb the rope, I'm either moving somehow (it's so sutble I realize it afterwards) or I am not, but then I get no sensation of moving up ie. I don't have the impression that I'm lifting my weight upwards (as if I were lifting my weightless projection body rather than the physical one). The guy keeps saying "don't just climb, FEEL it"
I've tried it twice and once lying down and once in a sitting position, it didn't seem to make any difference. except if I were paralysed, I don't see how I could be more relaxed than that
is it just a question of practising or do I do it the wrong way ?
I used to prefer all point shift techniques but I've just realized that the cord might as well be really powerful...If you know how to do it
my rope has knots on it, which means that it's easier to climb and push my feet on them... is it the cause ? I even tried to shift for the stairs, using hands and feet then only the hands as my body was hanging..