Thread: Initiation Into Hermetics in PDF

Initiation Into Hermetics in PDF

Hello all,

For those of you who are students of Franz Bardon, I have just uploaded to my FTP space Initiation Into Hermetics in PDF format (but zipped). I did not scan the file into digital format but I have corrected a few spelling errors it had. It seems to be the older translation of the text, but a reliable one (it compares well to my printed version). Anyways, if you're interested here's the link:

http://hometown.aol.com/JackS2525/IIH.zip

Enjoy
    Jonathan H

I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too.

Friedrich Nietzsche from Twilight of the Idols

EOL007 Guest
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the link, but just take care that the copy is public domain rather than copyrighted. If you feel it is copyright material you may need to take the link down.

Best,

Stephen

I have compared this to my copyrighted version of the book in print and it has a completely different translation. I do not believe this is copyrighted; although the down side is that the translation is not as good as the one I have in print, but it is definitely understandable. I wish I spoke German though, then I could read the original.

PS - Let me know if you have trouble downloading.
    Jonathan H

I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too.

Quantitativefool Guest
    Thanks for the link, I have read it before, it is an excellent text.

-Stu

nanook Guest
    well i speak german but that pbrobably doesn't help me, as the german version IS copyrighted, isn't it?

As far as I know the ORIGINAL editions of Bardon’s work are copyright free (copyright expired) and out of print. Those editions aren’t being sold anywhere anymore. The reprints all have some amount of editing and correction, which constitute Intellectual Property. Therefore, all the copies currently being sold in German are copyrighted, just like all copies currently being sold (in print) in English are also copyrighted, as translations are also intellectual property.
    Jonathan H