Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Paralysis.

Matt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    When my sister was a child (we shared a room) she always complained of the vibrations when going to sleep (all three of us had them- my brother as well). For my sister, this meant that soon the hands would be around her throat and she'd see disembodied eyes. Often there'd be scratching sounds too.

There was another occasion (she was about 12) when I wasn't in the room but near it. I heard strange noises coming from within. Then she tore out of the room terrified. Something had been attacking her again.

She isn't bothered by it anymore. She left it behind when she left home. My parents were in the process of divorcing at the time and things were tense.
    I think that it is true that some earthbound spirits purposely try to invoke fear in people because somehow the spirits are able to feed off the fear energy. So the most effective thing to do is to cut off their food supply and refuse to be scared.

For me the one of the best ways I found to not be scared was to actively seek out scarey situations and become resistant to them. I would try to enter paralysis in the hopes that there would be a dweller hanging around and I could "show off" to it just how powerless it was to get a reaction from me.

It's a lot like dealing with bullies, I think. They're looking for easy targets because they are cowards. As soon as they find out you're not an easy target they move on.

goodo. Guest
    Yes Matt... I agree with you!
    There are spiritual entities that encourage and harvest our negative emotions (e.g. fear,dread, hate and etc.) ...which acts as... or becomes their sustenance!

I also agree Matt... that the best way to be rid of them... is to STARVE them! We WILL NOT supply them, with what they want!

Remain 'alert and aware'!

goodo. Guest
    I wish to explain (and ask) about an earlier post where I stated being 'joyously aware of astral projection'.

As (I guess) is common... this experience was very short in time measure.
    What I feel sure to be uncommon... is that I was in total darkness throughout it!

I recall sitting up from my sleeping physical, and rising up toward the ceiling (and even going THROUGH IT)... but without vision... and that was it...!

Owing to this being both short and suprising (nullifying my supposed awareness), I question whether it WAS an astral experience... or mere trickery of the mind...?

The reason for my posting this... is because I haven't had much success since... and I don't want the ego of 'doubt' hovering around me too much...!

I will appreciate any and all advice on what happened here, and what to do about it!

Matt Guest
    The test I use to know if I'm lucid is whether I'm both aware that my physical body is in bed and that I am focused in a nonphysical environment.

So, it doesn't matter if I have sight. Often in dreams I can see but I'm not really lucid since I'm not aware I'm in the dream. Yet in OBEs I often am blind but I am lucid since I know what's going on.

It sounds like you were using the 'radar' sense that comes with some OBEs. For me it's a volumetric sense that enables me to somehow know exactly where everything is with at least as much precision as sight, even though I can't actually see anything.

So I don't think your experience was just trickery of the mind, but of course I can't know for sure since you were the one who had it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2