Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: A question about chakras and compromised energy

Blog Entries

A question about chakras and compromised energy

On a gnostic site, students are informed that egos deplete energy in the centres where the egos are fed. Thus, sexual energy is brought up from the base chakra to energise chakras higher up on the body. The energy at this root chakra is said to be the most powerful and superior to the energy in the other centres. A lack of energy there is said to lead to lust. Lust then contaminates new energy drawn to that centre. Also, energy pulled back from the higher centres is supposed to be contaminated.

Is this correct?
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

oath Guest
    Possible at least? Sounds more like speculation to me, as one might think lack of energy/starvation in/of root chakra would make the root chakra respond by wanting 'It's fill'.

It is also possible, I believe, to completely shut off or completely decrease a chakras power in a way, so that one may not desire sex. Totally unhealthy though. I would just stick to balance as much as possible.

One more thing, I have a hard time understanding ego but I have seen it clearly enough when the solar plexus chakra is overdeveloped, I imagine this could apply to any overdeveloped chakra, so again balance please

Wherever that gnostic site was, I'd suggest avoiding it. Seriously.

Blog Entries
    Tom, could you elaborate?
    Williams)

I will if you will.

Blog Entries
    [quote]
    Wherever that gnostic site was, I'd suggest avoiding it. Seriously.

Bad experience?
    Williams)

It is just that your original post at the beginning of this thread doesn't even make sense and the advice you are asking about is meaningless.

Blog Entries
    Okay.
    Williams)

Have you considered using NEW, either in the tutorials online or in the book "Astral Dynamics"? Robert Bruce is a very good author and he gives complete information for working with the primary chakras.

Matthew Guest
    On a gnostic site, students are informed that egos deplete energy in the centres where the egos are fed.
    I know it's because I was raised by Freudian psychotheraphists, but I'm a purist about the term "ego." The ego is the conscious manifestation of personality and is a result of sense impressions "outside reality" impinging on the unconscious "id." Many new age or eastern sources misinterpret the ego to mean the neurotic complexes that warp the ego through constant manipulation of defense mechanisms. I believe this site has fallen into this trap. The ego does not deplete energy- it is energy- the end result of the manifestation of the unconscious into consciousness. However, neurotic complexes do deplete energy from the chakras. This could be what they mean.

Thus, sexual energy is brought up from the base chakra to energise chakras higher up on the body.
    I would not recommend this practice. Sexual energy or jing chi can be raised to the lower tan tien (navel storage area) to be converted into energy which can then be raised to the chakras. Find a good chi kung teacher in your area for this. I would not raise sexual energy directly to other chakras. (Also, the base chakra does not produce "sexual" energy.)

The energy at this root chakra is said to be the most powerful and superior to the energy in the other centres. A lack of energy there is said to lead to lust. Lust then contaminates new energy drawn to that centre.
    Err...the root chakra does indeed contain a powerful energy but it is far from superior. In fact, I would submit that it is less refined than the energetic level of the "higher" chakras from my experience. Anyway, I have never experienced "lust" as a result of the root chakra....usually it's from second chakra activity.

Also, energy pulled back from the higher centres is supposed to be contaminated.
    Why would you want to pull energy down from the higher chakras to the root chakra? Yeah, it will be "contaminated" as it loses the vibration of the higher chakra. This seems so totally counter-productive.

Beekeeper,
    I would be very wary of info coming from this site. What site was this? I would like to check it out for myself before saying that the misinformation is actually malicious in intent, but...man...this is pretty topsy-turvy stuff.

Be careful,
    Matthew

PS- I'm with Tom, try Bruce's NEW techniques and experience your chakras first-hand.