Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: emerald tablets of thoth?

emerald tablets of thoth?

i have a question pertaining to these tablets. what exactly is the use for these artifacts, i read a little bit of it and am quite confused.

Blog Entries

Re: emerald tablets of thoth?

The tablets are documents that show how a certain belief system may have come down from one culture to another, the greek (Hermes) from the Egyptian (Thoth).
    Like any other artifact, it has historical value.
    Unless you mean something else?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

someone told me that the tablets have an anceint magik value to them, but i dont seem to see the value in them maybe its the fact that i havent read it all, i noticed that it mentioned the vibrations, and everything. but i still dont see anything that appears to be "ancient Magik"

The tablets are legendary and Alexander the Great supposedly had a set of the Emerald green Tablets with the riddle to ascension upon it. The lines of prose teach a method of meditation to begin and continue ascension of the consciousness. The tablet may appear on the human energy body at the completion by jewel toned emerald green colours upon the chest. My own exegesis of the method is that the mystic should dump water and earth energy and raise fire to heat remaining air energy and from this attain lift to Kether to dwell albeit for a short time with monad and source.

This is translated by Issac Newton c. 1680.

1) Tis true without lying, certain & most true.
    2) That wch is below is like that wch is above & that wch is above is like yt wch is
    below to do ye miracles of one only thing.
    3) And as all things have been & arose from one by ye mediation of one: so all things
    have their birth from this one thing by adaptation.
    4) The Sun is its father, the moon its mother,
    5) the wind hath carried it in its belly, the earth its nourse.
    6) The father of all perfection in ye whole world is here.
    7) Its force or power is entire if it be converted into earth.
    7a) Seperate thou ye earth from ye fire, ye subtile from the gross sweetly wth great
    indoustry.
    8 ) It ascends from ye earth to ye heaven & again it desends to ye earth and receives ye
    force of things superior & inferior.
    9) By this means you shall have ye glory of ye whole world & thereby all obscurity
    shall fly from you.
    10) Its force is above all force. ffor it vanquishes every subtile thing & penetrates
    every solid thing.
    11a) So was ye world created.
    12) From this are & do come admirable adaptaions whereof ye means (Or process) is
    here in this.
    13) Hence I am called Hermes Trismegist, having the three parts of ye philosophy of
    ye whole world.
    14) That wch I have said of ye operation of ye Sun is accomplished & ended.

For more translations visit: http://www.sacred-texts.com/alc/emerald.htm
    Image :
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KXWZrEefy7I/S ... Tablet.jpg
    Links to more on the Emerald Tablets
    http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... ml#msg4598
    http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 358.0.html
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

thank you

Hello all. I am new to this forum and kind of stumbled on it as I queried the question of "WHO ARE UNTANAS, QUERTAS, CHIETAL,and GOYANA, HUERTAL, SVETA--ARDAL" ? I began reading the Emerald tablets to Thoth and they were mentioned. The paragraph read:

By their names I call them to aid me,
    free me and save me from the darkness of night:
    UNTANAS, QUERTAS, CHIETAL,
    and GOYANA, HUERTAL, SEMVETA--ARDAL.
    By their names I implore thee,
    free me from darkness
    and fill me with LIGHT

Can someone help me to understand who they are. I tried googling each name but it only referred me back to the Emerald Tablets.

Blog Entries

Hi Maat.
    They should all reference to the Emerald Tablets, because theoretically the tablets are the oldest documents that introduce them, and theories/beliefs/mythology sprang from them. I believe the Templars used them, and modern-day occultists and New Agers ('official New Agers' that is, since they are part of the cosmology) also refer to them.

According to the emerald tablets, these names are the names of seven lords that rule/protect seven paths. The paths have numerical value each: Untanas (Three). Quertas (Four), Chietal (Five), Goyana (six), Huertal (Seven), Semveta (Eight), Ardal (Nine). Each path has also a dominant color, and significance. For example, Lord Untanas is described by the number three- trinity meaning the Godhead, for example, and a path of transformation.
    http://hoovillecanada.spaces.live.com/b ... !336.entry

Looking at more 'modern' sources and translations can give you more insights as to what they're about: For example:
    "Lords are guardians of each path- The seven Cosmic Lords of Amenti Overlight these higher earthly rays as well as the first three rays of Power, Love and Wisdom. These Cosmic Lords are Lord Untanas, Lord Quertas, Lord Chietal, Lord Goyana, Lord Huertal, Lord Semveta and Lord Ardal." This is a New Age interpretation according to their cosmology, with each lord overseeing 'rays' of 'light' representing archetypal forces.
    http://www.greatdreams.com/color-energies.htm

Now, I liked this source of information (it is a forum), because the poster did research into the Sumerian names and did some nice integration of information and theories: Now here, the 'Lords' (Guardians) are 'Keys:' and they are described thusly:

"In the Emerald Tablet of Thoth we find this;
    3,4,5,6,7,8,9=7 keys.

3=Untanas =dark power,key of all magic,underworld.

4=Quertas loosens power,frees souls

5=Chietal master of all

6=Goyana lord of light,hidden path

7=Huertal lord of space and time

8=Semveta progress,judges

9=Ardal Father

Horlet is master of Unal

Undal island still exists

dark prince of Arulu
    realm of Ekershegal "

The conversation goes on with more information and research.

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/Fo ... 37-14.html

I don't know if this cleared anything up, but it sure was interesting.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

The Magician King Solomon had the ark of the covenant
    sheltered in his temple and the statues of Cherubim
    guarded it just as the Throne Angels guard the feet of God.
    The kerub had 4 heads a Hermetic Set.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_DeutwC_pLZ0/S ... erkaba.jpg
    The Merkabah is a double tetrahedron which was seen by the prophets Elijah and Mohammed as a Kerubim. This Chariot of Fire was seen by the prophets who told of traveling in one with angels to learn.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h13olVN68GU/S ... 103jpg.jpg

Bishop Ireneaus of Lyons France decided which codices and scrolls would become part of the Bible. He determined that there should be 4 main Gospels
    one for each part of the Compass and Hermetically chose them as the Sphinx

Eagle~ John
    Lion ~ Mark
    Bull~ Luke
    Angel/Human ~ Matthew (The human ascends and becomes an angel )
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_H_YV13bgS2s/S ... Kerubs.jpg

Irene omitted the Divine Feminine from the collection of scriptures
    called the Holy Bible. He also omitted the Gospel of Mary, and the Gospel of Christ and the Gospel of Judas which was recently rediscovered.

The Bull, lion, eagle and human angel are present in the Tree of Life in ancient Baghdad 4600 years ago and in;
    A rough and non inclusive hierarchy in order of time ;

Cardinal Constellations
    The Tree of Life
    The Sphinx of Ancient Egypt
    The Cherubim and the Chariot of Fire
    The Kaballah
    The Hermetic Principles
    Ascension Alchemy
    The Gospels
    Tarot

There are numerous correspondences that are drawn to this Hermetic Set
    Here are some ;
    Element..............EARTH...WATER................ .....FIRE...........AIR
    Motto of the Sphinx.Velle.....Tacere.....................Audere ........Noscere/Scire
    Meaning of Motto...To Will....To Hold onto w/o words.To Dare.......To Know
    Magick................OBE.......Healing........... .........Mysticism.....Ascension
    Animal of Sphinx.....Bull/Cow.Eagle/Dragon/Serpent...Lion..........Human/Angel
    Principle.............Life........Love............ ...........Light..........Laughter
    Angel.................Raphael...Michael........... ........ Auriel.........Gabriel
    Gate of Death........Love......Justice............... Truth & Light......Healing
    ....................... & Unfinished Business
    Gospel............... Luke.......John.......................Mark........ ...Matthew
    Cosmic Body.........Earth.......Moon..................... .Sun............ Star
    State......... Body/Physical..Mind/Mental....Soul/Emotional.....Spirit/Spiritual
    Tarot.........Pentacles/Discs.Cups/Grail..Wands/Staves/Rods/Clubs..Swords
    Tarot Nature........ Energy......Love................... Struggles........Conflicts
    .......................Workings...Relationships... ........Overcome...... Inspirations
    Colour................Red.........Blue............ ........Yellow...........Green

The Human Energy Body continues to develop with time and dedication and becomes more sophisticated in its sacred geometry. The basal merkabah is around each human it will typically be a monochromatic double tetrahedron
    but it becomes rainbow coloured and multistellated

In the Emerald Tablet these correspondences give a method to project from the body to ascend to Kether/Samadhi on the Axis Mundi and attain unio mystica .

Sit in dim light in Sacred Space in throne pose
    deep cleanse breathe down from crown to toes
    raise energy up from toes to heart exhale partly
    raise energy to brow centre and release and let go
    sit in the now

II then ;
    dump earth energy out of the heart , palms and heels
    take in water energy from above the crown
    use water to flow and clean out the body of more dirt
    from mouth, nose, heart , palm and heels
    take in fire from below the feet
    use it to dry out the water
    take in more fire from below to heat remaining air
    when the energy body is heated air
    it will ascend to Kether
    and be able to communicate with Godhead for a precious but short time
    as long as the mystic can maintain trance

Earth is Step I Bull
    It is salmon red , heavy warm damp dark passive negative and male it anchors and ground us by dumping it , we rise .Despite earlier descriptions that only females are negative and passive and evil. SIGH

Water is Step II Eagle
    It is indigo, heavy cold wet dark passive negative and female and it rinses us clean but it is very heavy so we let it go.

Fire is Step III Lion
    It is orange, light hot dry bright active positive and male and it heats and illuminates. By bringing fire to the third eye we can see clairvoyantly

Air is Step IV Angel
    It is light cool damp bright active positive and female. It is green like the emerald it lifts us up out of the body in the lightest form of projection so that we can attain reunion with Godhead.
    http://www.azothalchemy.org/images/emer ... _trans.jpg
    1) This is true and remote from all cover of falsehood
    2) Whatever is below is similar to that which is above. Through this the marvels of the work of one thing are procured and perfected.
    3) Also, as all things are made from one, by the consideration of one, so all things were made from this one, by conjunction.
    (We are all from Godhead made in the image of elohim and to God we can return in the light body by the sacred marriage or conjunction of the sun and the moon.)
    4) The father of it is the sun, the mother the moon.
    (The sunstone is the chest;chi/qi flowing through fire.The moonstone is the head;shen fire flowing through water. These are mature elements which nurture the juvenile earthstone which is the belly; ching/jing flowing through earth. It is by drawing the higher vibrations of the sun and moon into the belly that the magician can cure it and lift it up and raise the vibration of the earth within them and their own vibration. )
    5) The wind bore it in the womb. Its nurse is the earth, the mother of all perfection.
    ( Wind is air above the head in the Heavenstone last to manifest on the magician's energy body through meditation and development of the human energy body. And in the core of the earthstone is ching/jing which is a higher vibration of air energy. The tan tien is like a wick of a candle it is the reciprocal energy of the stone in which it occurs. The Earth is our mother and the earth is the child of God Sun and Goddess Moon but the Earth has a child and that is air the princess who lifts us in ascension and who will come one day as an avatar.)
    6a)Its power is perfected.
    7) If it is turned into earth,
    (without the air (ching/jing) running through the Earthstone there is no fruit on the Tree of Life which is our spine ; our axis mundi.)
    7a) separate the earth from the fire, the subtle and thin from the crude and course, prudently, with modesty and wisdom.
    (remove earth energy , flush out more with water, dry this up with fire then the body is not crude and dense but filled with bright light and it is lightened like air )
    8 This ascends from the earth into the sky and again descends from the sky to the earth, and receives the power and efficacy of things above and of things below.
    ( The mystic magician will attain Kether for a time and then coming back to the body will have learnt esoteric wisdoms and gained siddhi powers in each subsequent journey back to Kether/Samadhi)
    9) By this means you will acquire the glory of the whole world, and so you will drive away all shadows and blindness.
    ( the obscurities of fear are removed, there is hope in reunion with Godhead, the eye shall see clairvoyantly and no longer be blind to the sight of angels and Mahatma)
    10) For this by its fortitude snatches the palm from all other fortitude and power. For it is able to penetrate and subdue everything subtle and everything crude and hard.
    (The magician will raise their vibration to be able to see clairvoyantly, hear clairaudiently , fly in projection and attain Kether/Samadhi)
    11a) By this means the world was founded
    12) and hence the marvelous conjunctions of it and admirable effects, since this is the way by which these marvels may be brought about.
    13) And because of this they have called me Hermes Tristmegistus since I have the three parts of the wisdom and Philsosphy of the whole universe.
    ( 3 times is a trinity ; Father , Mother , Child & Father , Son, Holy Ghost & Mother , Maiden , Crone & Shiva, Shakti and Skanda w/Jyoti et al. But also the 3 works of Earth, Moon and Sun yield the Heavens. And ; white~albedo, yellow~ citrinitas, green~ the green lion , black~nigredo , red~ rubedo, purple the peacock's tail, To manifest akashic moon is the Opus Minus to manifest the golden amoris sun is the Magnum Opus)
    14) My speech is finished which i have spoken concerning the solar work
    (The Work of the Sun is but one work. There are works within each work and the path is eternal and infinite. When a work is accomplished a finer one awaits...)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Trea ... edicine%29
    http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthe ... my%202.htm
    http://www.azothalchemy.org/images/emer ... _trans.jpg

A.C.,

good day,

tim
    I Don't Ever Give Up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktpTyT1Wj_I

"I'm no fighter, but I'm fighting, this whole world seems uninviting..."

Making Love Out of Nothing @ ALL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyFsyC4LqK4

Az for Me, of my Self, I am Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tutor
    A.C.,no offense,

but seems subjective to my reading of your post.
    It is my exegesis and therefore by definition it will be subjective because it is based upon my experience.
    as far as i may feel to see, and perhaps, somewhat thinking to see (50/50).

to me, it is like a sojourning pilgrim finding him/her self at the very open gate, only to turn around and go back to retrieve his/her Bible which they'd left at the Inn.
    Are you implying that the Bible is an anchoring impediment that you would rather be left to collect dust as a doorstop or are you attempting to articulate that the Bible is a Rosetta Stone which reveals all so sufficiently that no other key is necessary?
    that is what i mean by 'subjective', or subjectivity. it is one thing to value such a writing, or writings, for what within is occultly divulged;
    Does this mean the Emerald Tablet should be valued as an artefact upon a shelf but that it shoul have remained unsolved without any attempt to interpret it ?
    but it is another thing, having with sight given from such a writing, or writings, to imagine that the writing's importance is such that it is the key, or keys, to a closed gate or perhaps either of several doors, when in fact said gate is wide open simply in receiving one with sight to see it open.
    Are you saying that you have attained Kether and dwell there 24/7 ?If so, will you teach us how? Or are you implying that the gate is open wide when we die so we should wait until then?
    no punctuated assembly of lettered words is free from being a conjuration, regardless if pure ignorance is streaming spoken/written thoughts. 'all' delivers one into that place/location which they presently standing are, or perhaps, where they are not, if ambition has them by the uttering throat in a dead run.therefore, expositions are good tools with which to ponder from, yet tools are heavy in the search for what is 'light'. sadly reckoned, it is oft forgotten that any and every one is everybit light, both concealed in the manifest, and manifest in the concealed, manifest being everybit 'revealed' as any and every 'you' in and of it.a child requires nothing to speak of, no weapon which offended would defend, for a simple fallen tree branch picked up off the wooded floor suffices to be what the imagination puts into it. the self-same is true for any written artifice, which as a weapon has caused much death, whereas the child picking up a simple stick through playful imagination has slain no life in it. innocense is a wonder to behold; yet lost to the pretentious adult who holds without beholding and is very one which would intentually pull the wool over the child's innocent eyes. thus is magic, be it white or black, or any subjective admixture in the twain of right and left or up and down or round about.innocense is the true magic, the miracle of life kept sacredly real. whereas the unkempt ways of sordid pretentiousness would steal the very eyes in the quickness of hand.eye - sight of openness trued four squares, as if carpenter's squares (L), antahkarana cubed and central of the merkeba. a man eats himself 3 square a day, he given his daily bread. yet, man is more than his bread, and one square remains out of sight, him very self co-dependenty cycling round after round...ad infinitum.what of this 4th square, and how, pray tell, does a one have sight of them very self. wine or blood, not of the body or mindedness; but rather of the heart, for the heart freshly feeds itself before ever a fresh drop is delivered in replenishment to an insatiable body of.

err, the merkaba powered by extraneous functions without complaint, alit in service to pretentious self-ignorance freely choosing, but everybit deliverable of consequential interdependence.
    Does this mean that you find projection a waste of time and something which can become an addiction? Or does it mean that you wish you could fly in projection but have not recalled doing so yet? Who are you calling pretentious and self ignorant?
    this, while in the heart of it, the true self has sank, the very hearted one has sank to low places, seeking what is already themself, unknowing of their knowing, without one iota of self-understanding, that would in remembrance of innocense set them free.ergo, truth is innocense re-cognized and re-membered in to it, as one's very self awakened to the folly of ways outward into the broader affairs deliverable to consequential breaking of very hearted wonder.what need has innocense for any thing besides it's true nature and good name retrieved - Human.no contest charged, no offense intended, merely innocent words to quench the thirst for thoughted wonder with which from to ponder.child of wonder, child of God, aha...Mother who fed me my first nourishing blood from within your very own body of, show to me who I myself am???, for i am more than my Father's good name which i have wretchedly exploited and defamed.the soul is the self/life, and by nature it is confoundingly conductive of each of us, even as we never are not Human/s by character.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xqp1U6RoQaw
    and when the child having come through his/her ways is 13, after the Mother has had Her natural sunny day in Her child's unique nature, then to the Father's ways is the child given wholey to the name; and the name is IOESUS, as it ever was, as it ever is, as it ever shall be. all of this, family, being God, where the child is two, nature and name, reckoned and becoming one in and of the Holy Union of two, nature and name, that are parentally one.and an unclothed child through an open gate steps, a gate of anticipation from a father's first lasting and waiting gaze upon the child's blessed arrival at long last to be first in gaze upon Him.a child in the body of children,tim
    I listened to the song on your link and read your discourse. I suppose you are attempting to say that the humans should live a simple life and not be concerned with magic, mysticism,ascension and projection. We should eat,sleep, repopulate and remain as innocent as we can until we die like bunny rabbits happy for some veg. If so, I disagree. The purpose of life is to learn. It is through our curiousity that we explore our universe and understand our raison d'etre. God gave us eyes to see , ears to hear and metaphysical senses to fly and to learn in dreamstate lessons and in meditation. If you meant to imply something else, please state it in brevity with clarity.