... and essentially got a brain-full, if that makes sense. I thought I'd share this (and yes, I haven't been around for a little bit, and I apologize. I usually like to browse the dream forum and will again soon). Any advice, extra interpretations or anything is appreciated while I try to set things straight. I'll include my interpretation as well.

I had a bad end to the day yesterday when it hit home that under a disillusion, I thought I had been improving myself socially when really I am still stuck in the same rut. A family member made a remark that got me upset to the point of tears. Yes, I should call more, but I always had trouble with that, calling people. The problem that I thought was getting better seems no different now. I am still suffering the sting from the remark, and am still depressed about it.

Last night, after all that, I decided to sleep it off. However, I cleared my mind, tried to encourage some clean energy and asked for help, aloud but softly. I actually begged for it. I admitted I had a problem and I needed guidance, and asked for help, answers, direction in my life. When I went to sleep, I eventually had a very long dream that I am quite sure I was aware throughout, but not necessarily in control in a lucid aspect.

I was in an empty street devoid of vehicles or even people. On the sides of the road were smaller (maybe halves of) skyscrapers, as if from a city long ago. They were scattered on the sides of the road, particularly the right, randomly and not on the road. They were crumbling, dirty, ruined. In the background behind I saw taller skyscrapers as if there were a city closeby, but no noise, and they too looked outdated and possibly ruined.

I had a dream brother I called Ross who led me to my supposed house. I still felt as though I was aware, for I kept wondering where I was and knew things weren't normally like this. In what I thought would be my room when I went upstairs was my dream sister, I didn't know her name, talking on the phone in her bed. She did not seem surprised to see me, like we were in fact related and she knew me. Downstairs were my dream parents, also not like my trueparents and not knowing their names either. I get a phone call and pick up my cell phone - it is a friend who begins to say how we were supposed to go somewhere but ... and then it disconnects. My phone will not work here (?)

We are to go to school. My sister comes downstairs. I ask about "Ross" but no ones listens, as if he doesn't exist and leads to me wonder about this. Ross stays seated in the living room and doesn't come with us. On the way to this school, my sister informs me in conversation that, "it isn't all about Intelligence, you know." She explains that, in this school, students are separated into categories. I am in Creativity, she tells (or reminds) me. When we get to the school, sheleaves me in the lobby. I don't know what her category was.

A boy walks up to me and hugs me. Confused, I feel awkward, knowing for sure this was not my (real true life) boyfriend. He assures me that he is my boyfriend and that I must have had a memory lapse. He tells me I get them often and he is used to it, and not to worry. He tells me he is categorized under Athletics, and I believe we walk on talking to each other.

Now, either I am informed by him of this or I find this out myself but ... I learn that the Me of this place / reality / time is missing, and until I find her I cannot leave. Essentially, I needed to find myself. Pretty blunt right?

So if you still read, I interpreted with the help of the symbols and things and basically, the ruined buildings are a perfect representation of my ruined social life at the moment. I am neglecting social relationships and my being lost suggests that I have, in fact, lost my way. The school setting and the mentioned categories may show my need to learn, or that I should be looking down the Creative side of things, for a directional start. The school is also where I learn my 'lesson' about needing to find myself.

So there's a symbolic, directional dream for you. Any advice is appreciated and thanks for reading this far!