Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AVATAR 3D!!!!!

WOOOOOOOW!!!!
    Amazing movie. so beautiful.
    GO.
    SEE.
    IT.
    !!!!
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Re: AVATAR 3D!!!!!

We're going this weekend.
    Can't wait.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

i'm going again tuesday.
    probably go another time too... it was so good!

saw it in 2d.
    for me, it was a VERY INTENSE experience.
    there was one scene, where, well, lets just say, it 'sucked in' a whole lot of people in the theater, me included, and it felt like the whole room was connected, thankfully, most of the people in there didn't realize what had happened, because if they did, well, lets just say, there was a lot of 'power' in that room. i'm just glad it was focused on the movie.

phew
    very intense.

it may be a while before i am ready to sleep.
    /rick
    -
    A tout le monde, A tous mes amis, Je vous aime, Je dois partir
    in loving memory of Aaron, 1982-2000
    I'm proud of what you have become!

I saw it last night in 2D and, well, I would agree with SlashRick in that it was very powerful on many levels. I was with my friends from high school, and although they enjoyed it a lot, I feel like they were missing a piece of the puzzle.

Technically, the film was very well-made (and I'm glad the director waited for technology to "catch up") and had some dazzling visual effects that really contributed to the experience.

Thematically, I think the film touched on a lot of issues (disclaimer: I read the Wikipedia article) of importance and made numerous parallels to the real world and recent developments.

Spiritually, the film touched me deeply, and when I went to bed I was almost longing for a glimpse into the world of Pandora through the eyes of the Na'vi. I also noticed the comments the lead scientist made about the physical interconnectedness of all life on Pandora through a neural network of roots, which seemed to me to be a metaphor for the spiritual interconnectedness that we share back here on Earth.

Anyway, just my $0.02, but again, great movie!

Andy

P.S.. I know I haven't been on AD for almost a year now, but I haven't forgotten you guys! Life has been so busy, with the end of senior year and now college.

Blog Entries

I saw it yesterday in 3D.
    What a movie!!!
    I don't have anything insightful to say (others have already) other than- Is it me or are the artists that came up with the visual representation of the blue people the same that came up with the people in the Jak and Daxter games? I saw some resemblance in the artwork.
    By the way, I loved it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

AVATAR fans depressed / suicidal

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/285589

it's a shame none of the "experts" on the news show had been to see it.

IMO movie go-ers are being given a glimpse of this society of spiritual beings, in perfect balance with their eco-system, and the terrible contrast with the humans acting the way we ACTUALLY do in our own world.
    this movie is sparking off feelings inside, the part of us that knows that we should and can live life like the Na'vi, in balance, but the state of the "real" world most of us live in is so far removed from this, they're feeling depressed, or even like ending their lives.

while i don't wish depression or unhappiness on anyone, i feel like this is a really positive thing that's happening.
    bringing these feelings to such a wide audience, could be a real catalyst for change.
    it's no coincidence this movie came out when it did. the people of the "civilised" world need this kind of wake up call.

Timotheus Guest

Re: AVATAR fans depressed / suicidal

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

I've been thinking similar since I saw this. Hopefully rather than being depressed about what we *don't* have, people will start getting ideas and acting on what we *could* have.

<Mills Lane>LESSGITITON!</Mills Lane>

Blog Entries

It's not just the beautiful harmony with the planet, aided by the ability to directly connect into the network of all life there. Because they haven't lost their connection, duality can exist without the loss of basic respect for all life forms and a sense of a place in the order of things. When violence occurs, it's with awareness and reverence and the people adhere to a code. They also have a sense of purpose, identity, community and co-operation. Importantly, all still have a direct line to the supernatural and to the planet consciousness, not just an elite few, and all can know truth from and add their truth to the collective knowledge, which can be known consciously.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)