Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: suggestions on the Heart chakra

jaycecp Guest

suggestions on the Heart chakra

Sorry if I can get this somewhere else, just looking for personal information.

I am trying to open up the Heart chakra. Im thinking of making it my #1 priority - at the moment I keep switching from multiple spots at a time and it's not helping.

Any tips on opening this chakra? Does it require some emotional energy to be released (like getting something off your chest or an emotional outbreak)... personally I would say that I lack emotions compared to the average person - lol .. i dont know if that matters.

Any ideas on visualization.. and where its located... and just basic tips on opening it up?

Also from personal experience, after openign up where there any personality changes of any kind?

Apex Guest
    I see a lot of these threads concerning opening specific centers. Personally I think focusing on a single center is a mistake.

It is important to keep your body, in all its aspects, in balance. If you're going to focus on centers at all, develop them all at once. This will make the progress slower perhaps for that single area, but more stable and less trouble-prone.

As for how to do this, here's a table of contents: http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new- ... ation.html

Blog Entries
    It may help to visualise/imagine a special, peaceful place while you concentrate on the heart.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Re: suggestions on the Heart chakra

Quote Originally Posted by jaycecp
    Sorry if I can get this somewhere else, just looking for personal information.

I am trying to open up the Heart chakra. Im thinking of making it my #1 priority - at the moment I keep switching from multiple spots at a time and it's not helping.

Any tips on opening this chakra? Does it require some emotional energy to be released (like getting something off your chest or an emotional outbreak)... personally I would say that I lack emotions compared to the average person - lol .. i dont know if that matters.

Any ideas on visualization.. and where its located... and just basic tips on opening it up?

Also from personal experience, after openign up where there any personality changes of any kind?
    I would suggest you try the Prayer of the Heart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_the_Heart

Also, you might try the Prayer of Saint Francis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayer_of_Saint_Francis

Blog Entries
    I'm back to offer a couple more ideas.

Prayers are very good too,as Soproniscus has stated. Even just repeating something like "Christ my Light" works. (Adapt to your belief system and say it with meaning.) There's also the O mantra that works.

If you can't keep the focus on the heart, it mght help to start by raising energy and running it in a band around your whole chest for a while until you can detect the chakra sensations. Then hone in.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Dsmoke Guest
    First, Apex had a very good point. But if you're working on all your chakras and having difficulty getting one up to speed, I had great success opening my heart chakra by doing a couple things:

--daily visualization of "cleaning" the chakra. I visualized it as a sphere, and the energy coming up into it like water, spinning around and cleaning off all the junk that had accumulated, sort of like a washing machine, and then disposing of all the collected junk. If you do this, don't be too forceful. It is a delicate process that won't be completed for a long time.

--working on the mental and emotional things that might have kept my heart center closed. For instance, maybe in the past someone kept hurting you emotionally and you couldn't get away from them (for instance, a parent), so you learned to close your heart center to avoid being affected by their negativity. If so, spend some time working with yourself to convince your subconscious that this situation is over. (and if the danger isn't over, you need more help than just this)

--Constantly reminding myself that it is OK to feel painful emotions. In other words, learn to NOT bury them but experience them and then let them go.

So obviously everyone has different things they need to do and different reasons why they're experiencing this, but maybe this will give you some ideas. There is an energetic component, another component of clearing out the old pain, and then teaching yourself not to hold onto new pain.

I suppose it should be pointed out that there is a danger in practices that bring excessive energy into the heart. The heart is not a place for energy, but one for serenity and emptiness.

Dsmoke Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophroniscus
    I suppose it should be pointed out that there is a danger in practices that bring excessive energy into the heart. The heart is not a place for energy, but one for serenity and emptiness.
    This may be true overall, but there are exceptions, Sophroniscus. I could not do healing if I didn't bring a great amount of energy into my heart center. Of course, I am not leaving it there but allowing it to flow through my heart and out my hands.

sash Guest
    Actually, I believe that the heart chakra is the only chakra you cannot actually "burn out" no matter how much energy you throw at it. The energy of the heart is Love, which is universal acceptance in a peaceful tranquil form.

The heart chakra is not so much associated with emotions as you would think, so I would not be too concerned about that. The chakra can be opened with love, by feeling it and being aware of it resonating inside you. The sub attributes of it include empathy, compassion and peace. If these things are difficult to locate in the external, look inside.

This is achieved with visualization meditation, focus on the heart and visualize a temple where balance and harmony reign ... proceed with this meditation until you find what you seek. This might not be right for each person, I have found also visualizing a rose garden or flying through outer space is also almost as effective. The trick is to go to the place that would feel perfect for you. Feel what your perfect world is like, then go there in the visualization, and explore.

If you wish to activate this center for application purposes of healing and astral projection commence with a short calm meditation leading into a state of relaxation. From here, focus on your physical heart beat. Continue and your heart chakra will activate on its own - this feels like your whole body is beating with your heart. From this stage projection is possible since physical and astral become one through the focus being drawn into the heart. This works best at night, before regular sleep.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by I
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsmoke
    This may be true overall, but there are exceptions, Sophroniscus. I could not do healing if I didn't bring a great amount of energy into my heart center. Of course, I am not leaving it there but allowing it to flow through my heart and out my hands.
    Well, who am I to say? I just report what other, wiser people have said...