Thread: Energy Body?

Energy Body?

Mr Bruce:

I've read your "Astral Dynamics" book, and I'm thinking of getting your 'Mastering Astral Projection' one. (Do you have a preferred venue for getting that, by the way?). One thing that makes me hesitant however is the focus on chakras and the "energy body." I can buy the concept of an out of body experience and that one needs to meditate to achieve it. I've been practicing breathe awareness and physical relaxation meditations for about a year now. But the concept of hindu "chakras" seems a bit too...religious, to me. I've not heard them mentioned in the book I read by Monroe, for instance, and yet you focus on them /alot/. I mean, since you've been doing this for years and I've never done it I imagine your techniques obviously work for you, but I come from a rather secular background (I'm a dirt-poor new-college grad in physics/astrophysics), I find the concept of hindu chakras harder to accept then out of body experiences themselves.

Note: I made a copy of this topic and put it in Down Under for more general discussion.
    CF.

Re: Energy Body?

G'day,

First, google has made an error that might work in your favor. They have a number of books on OBE advertised online. They are 'supposed' to have only a limited number of pages, but they seem to have the complete books available for reading online, including Mastering Astral Projection, the 90 day guide. See

http://books.google.com/books?id=PId1Ue ... q=&f=false

Click on 'related books' and you'll find a dozen or so books on obe available for reading.

These could probably be stored as offline web pages.

As for chakras, try to see beyond the eastern terminology. These are like the major organs of the human energy body. They relate to acupuncture, reflexology, etc. They are often called 'psychic centers'. They are recognized in all major traditions, with different names and terms. I have also use the term 'Primary Centers' where possible. But, as a writer, why use an alternative, or create a new term, when the original 'Chakras' is widely recognized.

Robert Monroe created his 'Focus levels' and other terms for the same reason, to avoid Eastern terms.

My best advice here is to give this the benefit of the doubt and just do the work. Then you will gain personal experience with these 'subtle organs' and can call them whatever you like. The energy work given in my books is there because it works, and stimulating them helps to achieve OBE.

Begin by doing the demonstration exercise on my website. This only takes a few minutes.
    See http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/ener ... -page.html

This will cause sensations in your physical body. Build on this and continue. It works.

You will find that physics applies to a lot of metaphysical concepts. For example, my work on the electromagnetic properties of water, used for grounding and psychic self defense. See

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/315689/st ... ectricity/

and also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY1eyLEo8_A

These are powerful forces, albeit little known and used.

Having some kind of frame of reference, that these are real physical forces, supports my work with these. All I ask after this is to be given the benefit of the doubt until personal experience is gained. EG, lets say you or a friend come under psychic attack with classic symptoms. You seek and use running water, and the symptoms cease instantly. Now, if you do this, you would then be curious and more likely to use and advise the use of my basic countermeasures.

This is the only way to proceed...through personal experience.

Robert