Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Red Arrow's MAP Journal

1. Re: Red Arrow's MAP Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn Lynn
    This is great stuff! I love reading about your work, I am currently psyching myself up for these activities again, so this is very inspiring. One thing I have discovered concerning energy depletion during high stress times in my life is the benefit of shutting the head down completely. It does WONDERS. Basically all I do is get myself fully relaxed and shut my mind down, I don't think about anything, no AP, no real world, zip. Just glorious silence in the mind. And then I let myself slip into that zone between sleep and awake, that space where you are just kind of floating and you are aware, but not thinking. Its not something I consciously started doing, but I noticed when I quieted my mind I would find myself in that place naturally about a week after practicing this, and I usually "nap" there for about 40 minutes. But when I come to, I have WAY more energy and calm than I would have if I had slept.
    This is excellent!
    I practice forms of Buddhist meditation to calm the mind, very similar to what you speak of. One involves resting in the moment between breaths. (I'm laughing -- do you have kids, Jenn? Mine are 3 and 6- my 'quiet time' usually means having a small child pulling on my ear lobe and whispering constantly into it "Maaaaama! Are you done yet?!") I don't usually really have private time until I'm laying in bed exhausted, ready to pass out. So this is a bit of a struggle. but when I can, I use this time very carefully to cultivate silence, yes.

Also, in my very humble opinion (I know I may catch some heat), stop worrying about negs, you've got to let go of that fear. Trust that you won't be facing anything that you can't handle. Jung believed that anything we face in the dream realms that we perceive to be negative are our own constructions, so confronting and banishing them will certainly empower you.

Hmmm, I guess this isn't as much of an issue for me - maybe the way I wrote of it made it sound like it is? It's is worth understanding and comprehending one's own set of 'fear's and potential projections of "neg's", weak spots in our vibration, etc. But personal trust is paramount, I agree.

My point was that I know I can be impressionable (esp during stress, this therefore is a known 'weak link" for lack of a better word) so I 'guard the gates' of my mind carefully. Some of what I wrote earlier was after days of reading negative information and I could sense it's effect. Our minds are like sponge's, all the more reason to know it well.

However, I have spiritual practices, guides and strong beliefs from personal experiences that speak to what you mention. I do not feel ultimately, in the divine state ("High Self" some call it) we are divided as such (good vs bad, etc), it is arguably a necessary illusion of the dense and human dimension - to grossly oversimplify it. I do shamanic healing, as well as altered states trance work, so the awareness of 'negative energies' come with the territory while mapping out one's Truth and helping others to do so. I put as much energy into them as needed for personal growth. (Hope that makes sense!) In my tradition, we call these things up and work with them, transforming them into allly's. But now I'm digressing into a different topic...

In part, I will say I was interacting with a person for awhile who was downright obsessed with Neg's, and it was jading me a bit.

So yes, Iagree - don't feed the fear! But know what to do with it and how to recognize it for what it is.

Something I've found to be effective is to make the home a safety zone, do a visualization every once in a while where you go through every room in your house and open all the windows and doors and intend that any undesirable energies exit immediately. And then close everything back up and conjure up lots of joys and peace and move through all the rooms again feel this in every room. Love your home This sets some pretty powerful protections, and allows you to have a safety zone to zap back to if you wander off and need a quick retreat.
    Great idea, and thanks for sharing it, Jenn! Always good to have new ways to clear space.

I have found working with Violet Flame to be excellent for this also, as well as regular clearing of energy with specific herbs and resins. I come from a magical background, and therefore have wards,etc., also at work that I regularly use. Clients come to my house(er, ...and so do ghosts, psychopomp work), so I am very, very careful about it's safety and clarity of energy. As you articulate so well here, it is important to love our home! Make it THE safe place to land no matter the storms - or Neg's - we encounter.

OH and one more thing Maybe you are doing this already, but I have found that a good way to get past all the excitement and monkey mind that thwarts your travels is to set a good target for yourself, pick an object or space in your home that you would like to go to, and really focus on getting to it. Since you are a visual person, this should work really well for you, you can set a powerful intention, just visualize the target in as much detail as you can. That way when you gain the awareness that you are projecting, this target should pop into your mind and you can just go right to it, no messing with exiting techniques. If you do try this, I would be interested to know if you experience any energy concentrations, I have noticed a few things and would love to compare notes.

I hope some of this can help!
    This is a great idea. I've not tried the mapping out Bruce suggest (walking around, for instance, of where one might go?). Both of these I'd like to try. I tend to trust and follow my instincts, so the mapping I feel some resistance to as it feels constrictive. But having a target could be the best of both, you know? Yes, in particular because I am so visual...Hmmm...

Thanks, Jenn Lynn!
    Regards,
    Red Arrow

Jenn Lynn Guest

Re: Red Arrow's MAP Journal

Well sh**. you are awesome!! i should have been reading more carefully, the part where you talked about reading up on negs and possession snagged me. i think im just so used to people focusing on the fear that these topics generate and as a result saturating their minds with it, so this likely caused me to completely skim over your experience with these things. im good like that

and you are correct, i have no children (although 4 cats and a large man can break the serenity at times..), so i forget how this is a luxury for me. man, youve got some resolve. more power to you

AND it sounds like you got some fascinating experience.. i'd love to ask you a couple of questions, but i dont want to hijack your thread here. would it be ok to pm you?

3. Re: Red Arrow's MAP Journal

Well sh**. you are awesome!!
    Awww. You're making me blush.

Seriously though - no more awesome than everyone else traveling this road and paying attenion, aye? I've found this forum to be pretty full of really wonderful teachers.

i should have been reading more carefully, the part where you talked about reading up on negs and possession snagged me. i think im just so used to people focusing on the fear that these topics generate and as a result saturating their minds with it, so this likely caused me to completely skim over your experience with these things. im good like that
    No worries. I think your point made is one worth weighing when learning and considering Neg's in general. (It's fine line, you know? There seem those who really need to be aware and clear and focus on their possible presence, influence, etc, and then there are those who focus too much and need to trust themselves more, etc...)

and you are correct, i have no children (although 4 cats and a large man can break the serenity at times..), so i forget how this is a luxury for me. man, youve got some resolve. more power to you AND it sounds like you got some fascinating experience.. i'd love to ask you a couple of questions, but i dont want to hijack your thread here. would it be ok to pm you?
    Feel free, certainly.
    Regards,
    Red Arrow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2